+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
I am still waiting, I hv been off the grid for a while.
but my AOR is March 25, 2018
It has been 292 days and noting yet.

I called yesterday and the call center person told me that Assessment is Complete and they are waiting to make decision.
what does this mean?
I saw an update on my profile STATUS "Application/Profile updated" but as soon as I logout and logged back in again it was gone back to "Submitted" do it mean it was an ghost update?

Can any one tell me that is it a good news or bad news?

This happened to me three days ago, and I called CIC and it turned out that my medical expired and the system did a ghost update to change that in the system for them to see.

So maybe you need to check or remember when was your medical. Did you do it last year around January?

The weird thing is that I also got another Ghost Update last night too.. I called CIC and I could not get through..

I wish you the best.

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
This happened to me three days ago, and I called CIC and it turned out that my medical expired and the system did a ghost update to change that in the system for them to see.

So maybe you need to check or remember when was your medical. Did you do it last year around January?

The weird thing is that I also got another Ghost Update last night too.. I called CIC and I could not get through..

I wish you the best.

I did my medical last year around end of March just before submitting my application...
Wish you the same ..!!
Its really hard to wait now.

ahalberta

Jan 4, 2019
CIC would have probably requested for extension of medical. You should call CIC in this regard and confirm, simultaneously submit your passport to VFS centre.

bhrizvi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
You should have been asked to redo medical or they should have extended it. Submit a CSE immediately and explain the situation, they will give you a solution to that.
They have extended the validity. Submitting my passport now. Thank you for the help. :D

megalomax

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Philippines
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
7/07/2012
Doc's Request.
21/07/2014
AOR Received.
23/03/2018
Med's Request
16/07/2018
Med's Done....
14/08/2018
Anyone?????
I'm not sure about the whole situation but you could write to the Immigration to ask for an extension on the medical.

But most likely, you'd be asked to do another medical exam....

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
@legalfalcon
I want to travel to India and come back. My grandfather has passed away. I have to perform rituals for him.
My PR application is under process since March 25th 2018. I applied under express entry CEC category.
My work permit expired , so I applied for the Bridging open work permit, but got refused. Stating that I applied after one day of expiration of my original work permit. I did tried to submit the application before my work permit expires but the online portal did not allow me too. So I applied later.
Anyways, i also applied for Visitors inside Canada and restoration of my status.
This is approved and I got letter stating following:
Restoration of your Temporary Resident Status and a Visitor Record has been approved. Your application has been approved and your new document will be sent to you separately.

my question is can I travel India and enter Canada based on this document.
If not what should I do?

Please help me it is very urgent.

Thanking You,
Aditya.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
I want to travel to India and come back. My grandfather has passed away. I have to perform rituals for him.
My PR application is under process since March 25th 2018. I applied under express entry CEC category.
My work permit expired , so I applied for the Bridging open work permit, but got refused. Stating that I applied after one day of expiration of my original work permit. I did tried to submit the application before my work permit expires but the online portal did not allow me too. So I applied later.
Anyways, i also applied for Visitors inside Canada and restoration of my status.
This is approved and I got letter stating following:
Restoration of your Temporary Resident Status and a Visitor Record has been approved. Your application has been approved and your new document will be sent to you separately.

my question is can I travel India and enter Canada based on this document.
If not what should I do?

Please help me it is very urgent.

Thanking You,
Aditya.
The restoration of your status only allows you to extend your stay and be in status. It does not allow your to leave Canada and re-enter, for which you will have to take a TRV from your country of residence. Also, even if you leave, it will not have any impact on your application under process.

Reactions: Aadien0718

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018

I wish you the best.

Hi All,

Just to update you on the above. After I received the second Ghost Update, I tried to contact CIC and finally was able to talk to an agent today. He said that the second update was regarding my Security. He said, Security is passed.

So, my question is: what's next now? I mean from your experience.

Thank you,

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi All,

Just to update you on the above. After I received the second Ghost Update, I tried to contact CIC and finally was able to talk to an agent today. He said that the second update was regarding my Security. He said, Security is passed.

So, my question is: what's next now? I mean from your experience.

Thank you,
I believe that security is the last step, if it is passed then you hopefully you should get to hear of PPR soon. Best of luck

Zipak

Oct 12, 2018
I believe that security is the last step, if it is passed then you hopefully you should get to hear of PPR soon. Best of luck
Soon is Very relative with "Entry Express" as i got everything passed by early December, i called them twice they told i should receive PPR in few days both times......and i'm still waiting....

Last edited:

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Extensive travel history

Hello folks, first, good luck to everyone still waiting for your PPR. I have a question specifically for those of you that had extensive travel histories to find out whether your PPR was affected or delayed in any way.

I had roughly 100 international trips in the last 10 years, which I meticulously reported in the Travel History section of my application. Most of the travel was to Schengen countries for work while I lived in the UK, but I also had some travel to the Middle East, Africa and South America, with more frequent travel to Asia and the US.

I was only required to produce upfront PCCs for the UK and India, which I did.

I have a mid-December AOR and have a long way to go, but it’s never too early to start worrying, right? ;) I would be grateful for any experience or insight you can share.