+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2012 applicants, join here! : )

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
parker24 said:
I would look into if it's illegal in ND to mail her passport to them or not. From my understanding, some countries consider it illegal to mail your passport overseas.
is it legal in usa to send passport to canada ?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
simb said:
is it legal in usa to send passport to canada ?
For Americans, you don't send your passport. They want you to photocopy every page of the passport and send that instead :)

nebula

May 22, 2012
abbyss said:
Hi,

My Wife got her PPR request today.

She is currently staying in Canada with me on visitors visa.

Questions is, should I send my wife back to India, to send her passport to ND or wait for sometime.

Please advice!

Hey, I am considering the option to invite my wife in Canada while her application is being processed in New Delhi but I guess they generally refuse visitor visa to spouse.

Can you please tell me your situation ?
Did your wife apply for the visitor visa after marriage ? or she was already in Canada on visitor visa before your marriage ?

Thanks in advance.

abbyss

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nebula said:
Hey, I am considering the option to invite my wife in Canada while her application is being processed in New Delhi but I guess they generally refuse visitor visa to spouse.

Can you please tell me your situation ?
Did your wife apply for the visitor visa after marriage ? or she was already in Canada on visitor visa before your marriage ?

Thanks in advance.
I applied for her visitors visa before marriage. She was in Denmark before marriage and from there we applied for visitors visa.

Usually it gets rejected when u apply for visitors visa after marriage. A friend of mine recently applied and he was rejected.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
abbyss said:
I applied for her visitors visa before marriage. She was in Denmark before marriage and from there we applied for visitors visa.

Usually it gets rejected when u apply for visitors visa after marriage. A friend of mine recently applied and he was rejected.
Yes, that's also what I've heard. I've also heard that if you can prove your partner has good ties back to his/her home country, there is a chance after the sponsorship approval, and after the file is transfer to the visa office. I'm still trying to think of a good way to prove ties. I guess it's pretty hard to do this with a spouse/partner in Canada and a PR case pending. We are gonna try this after my approval comes in (probably in a couple of months). I've heard it doesn't have any adverse effect on the PR, since it will be clear the visitor visa is so the main applicant can visit the spouse/partner in Canada.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
BCgirl2012 said:
Yes, that's also what I've heard. I've also heard that if you can prove your partner has good ties back to his/her home country, there is a chance after the sponsorship approval, and after the file is transfer to the visa office. I'm still trying to think of a good way to prove ties. I guess it's pretty hard to do this with a spouse/partner in Canada and a PR case pending. We are gonna try this after my approval comes in (probably in a couple of months). I've heard it doesn't have any adverse effect on the PR, since it will be clear the visitor visa is so the main applicant can visit the spouse/partner in Canada.
Our officer told us he would have to deny and recommended we withdraw the case because it is a red flag with the PR. Just fyi.

pinder123

May 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
03-09-2012
AOR Received.
26/06/2012
File Transfer...
26/06/2012
Med's Done....
10-02-2012
Interview........
29-10-2012
Passport Req..
13-07-2012
So no good news for anyone today yet??? Hoping a lot from this week

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
canadiangirl78 said:
Our officer told us he would have to deny and recommended we withdraw the case because it is a red flag with the PR. Just fyi.
hmm. And this was after you've received your approval? I've heard that it's OK to apply after that, as long as you explain there is a PR pending, and show documents (such as approval notice) and make a case that the applicant will return to the home country after the requested time. So much conflicting information.

Reason given was that a previous visa application (especially previous to the relationship) might be perceived as an attempt to enter and stay in Canada. So if someone has unsuccessful attempts prior to the relationship, it will be a red flag that they might enter some relationship for the reason of coming to Canada.

I'm not sure what to make of the whole thing, to be honest.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
BCgirl2012 said:
hmm. And this was after you've received your approval? I've heard that it's OK to apply after that, as long as you explain there is a PR pending, and show documents (such as approval notice) and make a case that the applicant will return to the home country after the requested time. So much conflicting information.

Reason given was that a previous visa application (especially previous to the relationship) might be perceived as an attempt to enter and stay in Canada. So if someone has unsuccessful attempts prior to the relationship, it will be a red flag that they might enter some relationship for the reason of coming to Canada.

I'm not sure what to make of the whole thing, to be honest.
It is still very unlikely that you'll get approved from what I have read here. But go for it if you want to. It is possible to get approved.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
On the subject of visitor's visa, I came across this article in CAUT Bulletin (Canadian Association of University Teachers) about how CIC refused visitor's visa for two of the guest speakers from Ghana. They were the president, and the vice-president of the National Association of Graduate Teachers (NAGRAT) in Ghana, and were scheduled to address Council delegates. If those guys with all their supporting documents couldn't prove having ties to their home country, then I don't know how else it's possible.

http://www.cautbulletin.ca/en_article.asp?articleid=3481

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
canadiangirl78 said:
It is still very unlikely that you'll get approved from what I have read here. But go for it if you want to. It is possible to get approved.
Yes, I honestly don't have high hopes for a TRV approval. I just miss my husband terribly.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
BCgirl2012 said:
On the subject of visitor's visa, I came across this article in CAUT Bulletin (Canadian Association of University Teachers) about how CIC refused visitor's visa for two of the guest speakers from Ghana. They were the president, and the vice-president of the National Association of Graduate Teachers (NAGRAT) in Ghana, and were scheduled to address Council delegates. If those guys with all their supporting documents couldn't prove having ties to their home country, then I don't know how else it's possible.

http://www.cautbulletin.ca/en_article.asp?articleid=3481
Terrible.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
BCgirl2012 said:
Yes, I honestly don't have high hopes for a TRV approval. I just miss my husband terribly.
I think a TRV might be possible cause that shows he is planning to go back and forth and not just stay. I am sorry you miss him, I understand. Our officer did say it wasn't a huge deal to get denied. He just said it was a red flag. So even if you are denied I am sure you'll still get approved. I am just paranoid about something going wrong. If you have strong evidence then go for it after you get approved! Come to think of it, the officer did say it was a different story if I had been approved and he checked the system but we weren't in it yet. So that is something good.

DLSteam

Feb 19, 2012
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
AOR Received.
June 18, 2012
TODAY I RECEIVED ONE OF THE BEST NEWS FROM MY HUSBAND!

Date: June 18, 2012

UCI: ********

Application: ********

Dear *********,

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of ******** and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.

WE ARE SO GRATEFUL SINCE THE EMAIL ALREADY TOLD US THAT OUR PAPER HAS BEEN FORWARDED ALREADY HERE IN MANILA!

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

Here we go on phase 2!

We will also pray for those who are waiting for their GOOD NEWS! KEEP THE FAITH

PLEASE INCLUDE ME IN THE TIMELINE, How do i do that? :)

Regards,
DLSteam