+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

callasandra

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pauluz said:
No she's in Davao right now. She's from there. Congrats BTW on your visa. Hope you have a safe trip! You must be excited?
thank you :] it still hasn't fully sunk in yet hahaahaha maybe when i have 3 days left..that would probably be the time when i'll have sleepless nights!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
11 days 0 hours 0 minutes

Someone take his watch away....... ;D

Pauluz

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
25 Jan 2013
Med's Done....
10 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11 Jul 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 Oct 2013 (DM Status)
LANDED..........
Before Christmas
callasandra said:
thank you :] it still hasn't fully sunk in yet hahaahaha maybe when i have 3 days left..that would probably be the time when i'll have sleepless nights!
I'll give you my personal take. I moved to Canada when I was 14 back in 1998. I was at first in disbelief weeks prior to our move. Yeah it didnt sink into me that I was leaving Pinas behind until 3 days before the move, when I finally saw our house empty (all furnitures and appliances were either given away or shipped to my grandparents). I felt both sad and excited. Days after we landed, I was still excited. We moved to Toronto that time. There was always things to see, do and there were well wishers visiting us all the time. Culture shock didnt hit me until I started school. The way school is run here is different than in Pinas. Even the Filipino kids in Toronto were all Gangster wannabees, so I didnt fit in that crowd either. I began feeling homesick a month after we moved. It lasted for six months. I missed my family and friends back in Pinas. When Winter arrived, I was excited at first but after I felt how cold it can get, I felt homesick again. Christmas in Canada is quite subdued compared to Pinas. We were by ourselves instead of being surrounded by family; not to mention the cold. But after six months, I began feeling at home, and it got better from that point on.

Back then, although I had email, none of my friends in Pinas had email. Skype didnt exist and the only way I kept in touch with my friends in Flipland is via snail mail. There was no TFC and there was hadly any Filipino food available even in Toronto. Now, its so much better. Technology does make the world a smaller place, so I guess newcommers to Canada wont feel as isolated. You might have to adjust your diet though; get used to eating taters instead of rice, haha. Language shouldnt be a problems for Filipinos, though it does take a while to get used to the english here. Filipinos tend to be wordy and we tend to make english grammar more complicated than it should be. Thankfully the english here is more upfront. Goodluck again in your move. God Bless.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Pauluz said:
I'll give you my personal take. I moved to Canada when I was 14 back in 1998. I was at first in disbelief weeks prior to our move. Yeah it didnt sink into me that I was leaving Pinas behind until 3 days before the move, when I finally saw our house empty (all furnitures and appliances were either given away or shipped to my grandparents). I felt both sad and excited. Days after we landed, I was still excited. We moved to Toronto that time. There was always things to see, do and there were well wishers visiting us all the time. Culture shock didnt hit me until I started school. The way school is run here is different than in Pinas. Even the Filipino kids in Toronto were all Gangster wannabees, so I didnt fit in that crowd either. I began feeling homesick a month after we moved. It lasted for six months. I missed my family and friends back in Pinas. When Winter arrived, I was excited at first but after I felt how cold it can get, I felt homesick again. Christmas in Canada is quite subdued compared to Pinas. We were by ourselves instead of being surrounded by family; not to mention the cold. But after six months, I began feeling at home, and it got better from that point on.

Back then, although I had email, none of my friends in Pinas had email. Skype didnt exist and the only way I kept in touch with my friends in Flipland is via snail mail. There was no TFC and there was hadly any Filipino food available even in Toronto. Now, its so much better. Technology does make the world a smaller place, so I guess newcommers to Canada wont feel as isolated. You might have to adjust your diet though; get used to eating taters instead of rice, haha. Language shouldnt be a problems for Filipinos, though it does take a while to get used to the english here. Filipinos tend to be wordy and we tend to make english grammar more complicated than it should be. Thankfully the english here is more upfront. Goodluck again in your move. God Bless.
This is a great post. Thanks for sharing that.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
That might cause my junk to permanently turtle.
permanently, or maybe just prematurely ;)

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Dan_from_Surrey said:
You know I am looking at that damned daisypath thing in my footer, it seems like so long I put that in there with such a heavy heart think that those two damned parrots had so far to go to get to the other side, FOOK ME! they are almost there, but I am still stuck here WTF???? Thanks TEAM STUPID!!!! 2015! 2015! 2015!!!
after a year the birds will go back to zero, birthday time next week for your app!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Pauluz said:

that's a really useful post!

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
I just cant believe how fast the days are flying by,,,,i thought it would feel like a snail pace,,,but its not,,,,,so many things to do,,,,well I got to get some tires on my car and get it inspected,,,it run out june 30

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
I just cant believe how fast the days are flying by,,,,i thought it would feel like a snail pace,,,but its not,,,,,so many things to do,,,,well I got to get some tires on my car and get it inspected,,,it run out june 30
Tagum what's the exact date and time of her landing again?

Dan_from_Surrey

Nov 5, 2010
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
Doc's Request.
Submitted with app
AOR Received.
Sponsorship approval 24-10-12
File Transfer...
24-10-12
Med's Request
Meds received 1-11-12
Med's Done....
15-08-2012 - Meds re-done 24-10-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-06-2013 DM 04-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013!
Pauluz said:
PSLRB released their decision already? I haven't checked the news recently. Been googling it almost every day but not for the past 2 days. If that's the case, that's good news then!
Yes they did, but like CJG noted in the strike thread, there is no provision implementing binding arbitration, at this time. They ruled that the government was acting in bad faith. So we sit and wait, while team stupid screws around some more.

GoonerClank

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013 (Expires 24-02-2014)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04-09-2013<br />DM: 23-01-2014<br />COPR expires: 20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 24-01-2014
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
Pauluz said:
Translation

Wife: K
Me: Hunn did you call DHL (davao)?
Wife: Yeah but hasnt arrived yet (her passport, visa, COPR). They will text me if it arrives
Me: sux
Wife: But DHL said that they received a visa from CEM. Its destination is Digos
Wife: Hunn, are you there?
Me: Yeah Im here. Sorry, my boss passed by. Gotta hide my chat (screen)
Wife: LOLZ
Me: Hunn, its getting late, you're not gonna sleep?

Wife: in a few minutes

Really Digos? My wife is in Digos. ... Little surprised at this if it is hers.

Which number did she call?

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Steph C said:
Tagum what's the exact date and time of her landing again?
sept 25 11:22am in moncton [move]10 days 19hours 17 minutes

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
sept 25 11:22am in mobcton 10 days 19hours 17 minutes
Was trying to make you a countdown ticker including seconds but it wouldn't post here ???

Pauluz

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
25 Jan 2013
Med's Done....
10 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11 Jul 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 Oct 2013 (DM Status)
LANDED..........
Before Christmas
GoonerClank said:
Really Digos? My wife is in Digos. ... Little surprised at this if it is hers.

Which number did she call?
Dunno but I can ask her this evening when she wakes up. All I know is that she called the DHL branch near Lanang in Davao.