+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Making changes that do not affect CRS to Express Entry profile after you receive ITA

Van Duong

Oct 26, 2017
Hi received ITA one month ago for Express Entry - Canadian experience Class. Now I am preparing documents to submit the application and realize that due to my unnecessary answers when created my profile to enter pool, I have to provided extra documents and these documents not even help me gains any point. I wonder if I can change my answer by "modify EE profile" answer before it direct me to "upload document" section.

The problems are: when created profile entering pool before received ITA, I make these stupid, worthless answers answers though they are true.
1. I answered "Yes" for the question "Job offer" although I do not get extra 50 points. This is because I answered "No" when IRCC asked about "LMIA".
2. I answered "Yes" when they asked about relative who is Canadian, my answer was "Uncle/Aunt".
3. I put the 13,000 in the fund support, although this is not needed for CEC because when i left this field blank at the time, there was error notified when I saved my answer. At that time I don't know I can put 0 in it.

And of course these answers would not give me any extra points, but now because of them, I have to submit extra documents: Proof of fund, family member proof, proof of relationship, and job offer.

I tried to modified my profile after received ITA, answer "No" for first 2 questions, and "0" for the fund, then review my "CRS" score, it's still the same, and therefore, I don't need to submit these documents any more. But the problem is, i don't know if i am allowed to do it. As IRCC says, we can only change profile after officially decline "ITA".

Could you please help me with problems, and please advise if I should decline ITA and change profile and wait for another ITA. As people say the draw score might drop next time? Thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi received ITA one month ago for Express Entry - Canadian experience Class. Now I am preparing documents to submit the application and realize that due to my unnecessary answers when created my profile to enter pool, I have to provided extra documents and these documents not even help me gains any point. I wonder if I can change my answer by "modify EE profile" answer before it direct me to "upload document" section.

The problems are: when created profile entering pool before received ITA, I make these stupid, worthless answers answers though they are true.
1. I answered "Yes" for the question "Job offer" although I do not get extra 50 points. This is because I answered "No" when IRCC asked about "LMIA".
2. I answered "Yes" when they asked about relative who is Canadian, my answer was "Uncle/Aunt".
3. I put the 13,000 in the fund support, although this is not needed for CEC because when i left this field blank at the time, there was error notified when I saved my answer. At that time I don't know I can put 0 in it.

And of course these answers would not give me any extra points, but now because of them, I have to submit extra documents: Proof of fund, family member proof, proof of relationship, and job offer.

I tried to modified my profile after received ITA, answer "No" for first 2 questions, and "0" for the fund, then review my "CRS" score, it's still the same, and therefore, I don't need to submit these documents any more. But the problem is, i don't know if i am allowed to do it. As IRCC says, we can only change profile after officially decline "ITA".

Could you please help me with problems, and please advise if I should decline ITA and change profile and wait for another ITA. As people say the draw score might drop next time? Thank you
As long as these changes did not affect your CRS score OR your eligibility, you should be good.

You don't have to decline your ITA. The only reason when you'll decline your ITA is if you made changes to your application AND your CRS dropped below the minimum cut-off score for the draw. That didn't happen in your case so you should be good IMO.

All the best.

Van Duong

Oct 26, 2017
As long as these changes did not affect your CRS score OR your eligibility, you should be good.

You don't have to decline your ITA. The only reason when you'll decline your ITA is if you made changes to your application AND your CRS dropped below the minimum cut-off score for the draw. That didn't happen in your case so you should be good IMO.

All the best.
Thank you so much, I posted this question in another section as well because I thought I posted in the wrong place. There is a reply said that I can change answer 1 and 3 but not 2. The whole reply is like this "But for 2, if you do have a canadian uncle/aunt, it doesn't matter if it gives you points or not, you still have to declare it because the question was clear, it won't matter if you get another ITA or not. If you deny or omit this information and they find out, it would be grounds for misrepresentation (fraud)." I am not sure which one is correct. Thank you

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Are you sure you declaring a relative in your EE didn't award you 15 points? If you are sure it didn't (and even if it did, your new score is not below the minimum for your draw), you should be able to remove it post-ITA.

Van Duong

Oct 26, 2017
Are you sure you declaring a relative in your EE didn't award you 15 points? If you are sure it didn't (and even if it did, your new score is not below the minimum for your draw), you should be able to remove it post-ITA.
Yes, it did not. Because the relative person is my aunt not my brother or sister, and I already remove it and try to review my score later. It do not change.

At first the documents I need to provide before changing like below:

DetailsDocument Name
Not ProvidedOffer of Employment (required)
Not ProvidedEducation (diplomas/degrees) (required)
Not ProvidedEmployment Records - Accountant (required)
Not ProvidedEmployment Records - General Accountant (required)
Not ProvidedEmployment Records - Junior Accountant (required)
Not ProvidedEducation Transcripts (required)
Not ProvidedLetter of Employment (required)
Not ProvidedFamily Member Proof of Status (required)
Not ProvidedProof of Means of Financial Support (required)
Not ProvidedDigital photo (required)
Not ProvidedPassports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required)
Not ProvidedProof of upfront medical exam (required)
Not ProvidedProof of Relationship (required)
Not ProvidedPolice certificate - Vietnam (required)

after changing
DetailsDocument Name

But I am not sure is it counted as misrepresentative.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Yes, it did not. Because the relative person is my aunt not my brother or sister, and I already remove it and try to review my score later. It do not change.

DetailsDocument Name

after changing
DetailsDocument Name

You are fine to remove it. Doesn't count as misrepresentative.

Van Duong

Oct 26, 2017

DetailsDocument Name

after changing
DetailsDocument Name

Thank you so much wonderbly. I posted this question on twitter IRCC hope the can reply to me as well, if not I may contact IRCC today to confirm one more time. As in my other thread there is one reply told me this is consider misrepresentative and i should prepare letter of explanation if i can not provide document but not change the answer.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you so much, I posted this question in another section as well because I thought I posted in the wrong place. There is a reply said that I can change answer 1 and 3 but not 2. The whole reply is like this "But for 2, if you do have a canadian uncle/aunt, it doesn't matter if it gives you points or not, you still have to declare it because the question was clear, it won't matter if you get another ITA or not. If you deny or omit this information and they find out, it would be grounds for misrepresentation (fraud)." I am not sure which one is correct. Thank you
I don't think that train of thought is correct. Why is that you can change the answer to Q1 and not Q2? That simply doesn't make any sense. May be the OP is misinformed. You gained no benefit whatsoever from having your uncle or aunt in the application - No CRS points and you are a CEC applicant (not FSW; FSW applicants get some points in the FSW points grid for having relatives in Canada). You didn't benefit in anyway having them on your application. AFAIK, you'll be just fine removing them from the application.

If asked, you can simply tell them you did not claim any points whatsoever for items in 1 and 2 and hence you removed them from the application in order to reduce the documents submitted.

If you see the need, submit a Letter of Explanation along with your application and explain the changes you made and why you made them. You should NOT have issues AFAIK.

Van Duong

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think that train of thought is correct. Why is that you can change the answer to Q1 and not Q2? That simply doesn't make any sense. May be the OP is misinformed. You gained no benefit whatsoever from having your uncle or aunt in the application - No CRS points and you are a CEC applicant (not FSW; FSW applicants get some points in the FSW points grid for having relatives in Canada). You didn't benefit in anyway having them on your application. AFAIK, you'll be just fine removing them from the application.

If asked, you can simply tell them you did not claim any points whatsoever for items in 1 and 2 and hence you removed them from the application in order to reduce the documents submitted.

If you see the need, submit a Letter of Explanation along with your application and explain the changes you made and why you made them. You should NOT have issues AFAIK.
Thank you so much, I'll do it and write a letter to explain why I need to change this. Ah just so mad at me why I inputted that information in the first place when i know for sure that I didn't get any point for this. I just thought this is the general question about my family and IRCC couldn't create extra supporting document for AUNT/UNCLE when they are not my siblings. I try to reach them by phone now but couldn't find any option to ask question about APR post-ITA

Reactions: KB_1997

Faiz Faiz

Dec 22, 2023
@Van Duong.
I mentioned an uncle in my profile before receiving ITA, and can I remove him? as a relative in Canada since I cannot provide a 'proof of relationship', but I am upset since I mentioned this before. I am not claiming any CRS points for that.

You came across to same situation how did you manage that situation? Please guide. Thanks

dm1609

Jan 13, 2024
Hi! I am in a similar situation and need your advice on how to proceed?
I accidentally filled my spouse’s education as graduated whereas he had not completed his degree. I put the ECA as no so his education points were not added to our CRS score.
Should I modify this in our eAPR and provide an LoE explaining my mistake or decline the invitation?

Faiz Faiz

Dec 22, 2023
Hi! I am in a similar situation and need your advice on how to proceed?
I accidentally filled my spouse’s education as graduated whereas he had not completed his degree. I put the ECA as no so his education points were not added to our CRS score.
Should I modify this in our eAPR and provide an LoE explaining my mistake or decline the invitation?
Since your spouse's education doesn't effect your CRS score (as you are not claiming points for his education). you can modify the details and explain in your LOE.

dm1609

Jan 13, 2024
Since your spouse's education doesn't effect your CRS score (as you are not claiming points for his education). you can modify the details and explain in your LOE.
Thanks for your reply. I am really in a fix.
Should I state it clearly in the LoE that it was a mistake or just modify it and say that my spouse has not graduate so no documents are available with us?