+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Majic Jack

I

iarblue

Hey everyone i just thought i would share this with you as i think its the most amazing piece of equipment for people like us under process.

Its called MAJIC JACK look it up on the internet i have bought this unit for 45dollars they its 45 dollars yearly to renew it.You take this little piece put it in the usb of the computer in your spouses home country and you pick a number in your area code.
For example if your in toronto and your spouse is in Russia you send your spouse in Russia this majic jack.He plugs it into his usb it loads and then ask you what number you want he types in toronto canada and it shows him a list of 416 numbers he picks one and it loads it.Then he attaches a home phone to this jack and can call you for a local call and you can call them for a local call.
I have had this in my wifes laptop in Brazil for the past year i just renewed it for another year and i call her she calls me for free.
It makes the pocket book easier and you can talk for hours.
Im not trying to push this for majic jack im just telling you to look it up you will be blown away they have it in Canada and the US.
After your spouse is with you he can give it to who ever he likes to keep in touch with in his home country they just take it and plug it into their usb and away they go.
Like i said im not pushing this i dont work for majic jack lol i just thought i would share this try to make it easier for everyone here.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Sounds great! However, are you able to track the calls so if called to an interview you can provide evidence of communication??

Rocky636

Jan 7, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th May 2010
Doc's Request.
23-August-2010 Asked RPRF & Pics return back
AOR Received.
23-June-10
File Transfer...
18-June-2010
Med's Done....
24-March-2010
Interview........
11-August-2010
Passport Req..
8-July-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-December-2010
LANDED..........
21-January-2011
is it not hacking tool or something? what's guaranty it's legal?

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
it's legal, I have seen it advertised on TV

it's a great tool

for immigration you would need record of calls but point is you can talk for hours for free ;)

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
No, it's not a hacking tool. You need a fast Internet connection and it sends the conversation back and forth using the Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP).

Yullover

Apr 10, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-06-2010
I use Majic jack too, my wife have one and i have one. Now that you can have Canadian number it's worth the case.

Save a LOT of money for us.

You don't have record of call, but if you call the customer service, they will give you a Fax number were tou send a query for having you call record.
I made this and receive it after 1 week.

This is the perfect invention for me.

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
why not just use Skype? (Is that a totally ignorant question?) my international Skype use is 100 percent free . . . . and the free software download took maybe two minutes. (i'm sure i'm just being ignorant, but i thought i'd ask.)

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
I would consider using this rather than Skype when I cannot be near a computer. I would have my husband in Nigeria use the Magic Jack to call my mobile phone. Plus, sometimes I prefer to talk on the phone so I can do things around the house rather than sit in front of the computer the entire time.

Unfortunately, I think it won't work for us because he has not been able to get a fast enough internet connection. Even Skype is distorted and delayed. I might buy one and send it to him to try...voice can't take as much bandwidth as video, so it' could work. If it doesn't, I'm not out that much money anyways.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
SKYPE works better .... once you have good internet connection you can talk for hours on skype for just one flat price. When I signed up, I paid $15 CDN for 3 months and my contract keeps renewing every 3 months. It's under 20 bucks and I am/was willing to make that sacrifice as opposed to spend hundred of bucks on long distance calls. I'd rather do the contract renewal every 3 months b cuz I don't quite know when my time will come to immigrate back to Canada.

Really neat investment and you get a full list of your calling records. Plus, you can do more such as print billing statements from each payment you make.

Good Luck

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suppose it's this one: http://www.magicjack.com/5/index.asp

It has a list of stores on the right where you can buy it.

Mar 22, 2010
Just a little east of the outback...
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can confirm that the magicjack works awesome between Australia and Canada too.
The program does keep a log of calls and you could probably take regular screen shots in addition to requesting a call log form the company.
Also i think that the fact that you invested in such a product to facilitate communication between each other would go a long way towards proving a continuing and genuine relationship. We kept the receipts and delivery slip because i paid for them but had them sent to my Canadian address. (They don't ship outside the US and Canada)
A Canadian number will cost an extra $10 but It's great having a local number that my fiancé can call (on his cell), and having one I can quote when making purchases for our new home.

Best invention ever!

I

iarblue

Thats the one Leon it just saved so much money on calls,yes you can use skype but if you are out somewhere and your spouse needs to call your cell????skype not.
And no this is not a scam many have been using it and i have for the past year its great,look it up they do give you a trial time too.Mine is in Brazil and i call her local and it is clear as a bell but yes you do need a half decent internet speed or you get broken talks.
It does keep a call log too.
I think i need to be collecting royalties from majic jack for this lol.Best of luck to all in process

TheLeftCoast

Jun 30, 2010
Other than Skype, there are plenty of other options out there for 'free' international long distance phone calls..

Vonage: Vonage uses a computer independent device called an ATA modem called the Linksys WRT54 or the V-portal. I've been using Vonage for 41/2 years now...and it's much like Shaw@home with one exception...you don't need to be using a Shaw service...any direct connected, not wireless high speed DSL or Cable service, almost anywhere in the world will work...there are a few exceptions. Advantage: high quality anytime phone service, your own local Canadian or US number, voice mail, call display, and other useful features, all for one basic price.. Set it up then pack it up and send it off to your sweetie in Mexico or wherever... so long as he or she has DSL...she'll have a local phone and you can talk all day for one low price. Vonage will work with a low 56K bandwidth but the audio is crappy... 100K+ is recommended. Vonage closely resembles a wired "POTS" telephone service. My home phone cost is $20/month for 500 (outgoing) min in North America or Puerto Rico .. you can get unlimited outgoing for $40/mo.

MagicJack: I have one of these too... cheap and nasty, perfect for traveling as they do work on a laptop using a wireless connection such as what you would find in a Starbucks or McDonalds. They also work fine on a fixed DSL or cable modem....but you must have a computer up and running using MS Windows Xp or better. You need a MINIMUM of 125k worth of bandwith. QOS maybe isn't quite the same as Vonage, but generally good... certainly worth the paltry $20/year ;D after you buy the $40 modem. You get a US number for free or for an extra $10, a Canadian number. I just use the USA one as it's my traveling phone.

Skype: Generally computer based...needs a headphone works great and is cheap.. but I quit using Skype for traveling because MagicJack better emulates a POTS (trade anacronym for Plain old Telephone Service) service..and I don't like the nickle and dime you to death "fees" and service charges. Computer to computer.. Skype is great because you can also use video conferencing.

A word about VOiP in other countries... in the past, many countries such as Mexico or the UAE actively 'port blocked' VOiP applications in an effort to preserve the local telco's long distance revenue stream, and a few may still do.. Ethiopia actually made it against the law and there; you could actually get thrown in jail for using Skype. :eek: In Mexico anyway, that issue seems to be gone...and I used MagicJack with great success while holidaying last winter. Some local ISPs may also independently block common VOiP ports or they may even introduce QOS issues :mad:.

Aroundtown22

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
14-10-2010
Med's Request
25-10-2010
Med's Done....
15-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2010
Without reading all the posts in this thread, this sounds a lot like what google voice does. Unfortunately, google voice doesn't work in most parts of Canada yet but it does work with 403 area code.

Just FYI