+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

mailing address in outland spousal application

Shiv_CR7

Mar 3, 2019
Hello,

I am sponsoring my spouse and plan to submit the outland spousal application. She's in India currently and I plan to use her Indian address as residence address and my Canadian address as the mailing address. She has a valid TRV and will likely visit Canada after 3 month.
  1. Is this correct? Any pitfalls to avoid in this?
  2. What mail communication should be expected from IRCC? Will there be any case where I need to physically send a document I received in mailing address to my spouse's residence in India?
  3. Does sponsor automatically qualify as a representative or since I elected to choose my Canadian address as the mailing address, should I mention my details in the IMM from?
  4. If I choose "Yes" to the question "Do you want us to contact you using the email address used for this account?", does the mailing address really matter?
  5. Is it better to specify my spouse's residential address as the mailing address and then raise a web form to update the mailing address once she visits Canada?

Looking for advice on the right thing to do here.Thank you

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
1. Fine.
2. They basically do nothing by post these days.
3. No, do the representative form.
4. See above.
5. No. But update the address once in Canada, advise that she is here and give your address.

Reactions: Shiv_CR7