+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Made a Mistake: Online Post Graduation Work Permit Application

ArnavJaswal

Aug 20, 2024
Hell guys i am in a terrible situation I did 1+1 courses in Canada ... I applies for pgwp in May I later realized I forget to upload completion letter for the first college . I called ircc and they asked me to raise a web form which I did . Now today I realized another mistake . I selected owp instead of pgwp. Has anyone been in such a situation ?

darshit8502

Aug 30, 2024
According to cic letter
I can work with same employer same conditions.
Even though i was student before that

I received this letter just because of my mistake.

If you have any another questions you can ask

Brother did u receive work permit? I did the same mistake. Selected open work permit instead of post graduation work permit.

darshit8502

Aug 30, 2024
Hell guys i am in a terrible situation I did 1+1 courses in Canada ... I applies for pgwp in May I later realized I forget to upload completion letter for the first college . I called ircc and they asked me to raise a web form which I did . Now today I realized another mistake . I selected owp instead of pgwp. Has anyone been in such a situation ?
Did u get any reply from IRCC? I did the same mistake selected owp instead of pgwp

FletcherHubbard

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Hi,

I submitted my online application to PGWP 2 weeks ago and now I found a mistake on IMM5710. Instead of saying 'yes' and explaining when I applied/got my study permit, I said 'no' to the following question: "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?". Even though I proofread the application form maybe 250 times before submitting, this one slipped my attention.
What would you suggest me to do? Any help would be appreciated.
As for me, the best thing to do is t contact CIC right away.

Last edited:

komalsaini

Sep 5, 2024
Hi,
I submitted my post graduate work permit application on September 4 and I got confirmation to work on September 5 but I saw the application and I found that I made mistake in the education Column of the form, so my program was computer programming whose short form is cpp but I mistakenly wrote CPA which stands for computer programming and analysis. Can someone tell me what to do because I am panicking right now and I don't want my work permit to reject.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hi,
I submitted my post graduate work permit application on September 4 and I got confirmation to work on September 5 but I saw the application and I found that I made mistake in the education Column of the form, so my program was computer programming whose short form is cpp but I mistakenly wrote CPA which stands for computer programming and analysis. Can someone tell me what to do because I am panicking right now and I don't want my work permit to reject.
Submit a web form with the updated information.

komalsaini

Sep 5, 2024
I don't need to withdraw my application for this mistake right, I don't even know how to submit the web form with the updated document. Can you please tell me how to upload the updated document with webform and the thing is in the education Column there was field and level of education question and field means I studied like computer field, so CPP and CPA both are computer fields so should I submit the web form or is it alright because they Didn't ask for specific course it was just field and they checked the documents and didn't ask for any additional ones and I received a pdf that I am on applied status and can work in Canada, so should I submit the form or not

Last edited:

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
I don't need to withdraw my application for this mistake right, I don't even know how to submit the web form with the updated document. Can you please tell me how to upload the updated document with webform and the thing is in the education Column there was field and level of education question and field means I studied like computer field, so CPP and CPA both are computer fields so should I submit the web form or is it alright because they Didn't ask for specific course it was just field and they checked the documents and didn't ask for any additional ones and I received a pdf that I am on applied status and can work in Canada, so should I submit the form or not
I don't think you need to withdraw. Just mention in precise language to IRCC whatever you are trying to convey. The maintained status letter is very likely automated.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application