+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Love is Blind.

lovebird2012

Oct 13, 2012
hi everyone, my wife (Canadian Born Citizen) is going to sponsor me. She belongs to different religion and different culture.
I am Muslim and she is Christian. Love is Blind, It does not see any colour, culture or religion.
My question is, is this going to be a problem for us with CIC?
any ideas from personal experience? and also when we got married it was a simple Nikkah ceremony with family, friends n relatives.
My wife have not converted to my religion yet, the reason i want her to research first and then if she agrees then convert.
what all of you think about this matter?
thank you in advance

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
lovebird2012 said:
hi everyone, my wife (Canadian Born Citizen) is going to sponsor me. She belongs to different religion and different culture.
I am Muslim and she is Christian. Love is Blind, It does not see any colour, culture or religion.
any ideas from personal experience? and also when we got married it was a simple Nikkah ceremony with family, friends n relatives.
My wife have not converted to my religion yet, the reason i want her to research first and then if she agrees then convert.
thank you in advance
You should address these concerns up front. Explain how you deal with them, how they affect your relationship. You must tell a story of your relationship - one that shows it is authentic. Read your own story and until you can convince yourself, you need to improve it.

Good luck!

lovebird2012

Oct 13, 2012
it does not effect our relationship, as we both take it very easy when it comes to religion and culture. my wife loved my culture while she visited me. we never had any issues over this

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
Explain why the religious/cultural differences are not a problem. The CIC will not deny your application because your religions don't match, but anything about your relationship that might be unusual or cause questions should be addressed up front.

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
lovebird2012 said:
thank you in advance
Hi,
I was also born a Muslim and my wife was born a christian and we can care less! the important thing is we love each other.
I would think religion shouldn't be an issue by itself, so many younger moderate people get married that were born with different religions, however what really matters is the genuineness of your relationship! if you and your wife have a genuine husband and wife relationship then it shouldn't be an issue as long as you guys provide full evidence of your relationship :)

best of Luck!

lovebird2012

Oct 13, 2012
another question in my mind is, can we include H & C factors and relevant documentary proofs along with spouse sponsorship application. (outland)

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
lovebird2012 said:
another question in my mind is, can we include H & C factors and relevant documentary proofs along with spouse sponsorship application. (outland)
as far as I know the answer would be NO, humanitarian case is a separate application. for the spouse sponsorship application you are required to provide all the information and evidence relevant only to spouse sponsorship application not H&C ground app.

mobeyk

Oct 10, 2011
Picton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2012
Doc's Request.
additional docs 29-08-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 8 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 10 2012
Religions all have the same background in spirituality. Only the power thirst of middle ages have distorted them to being conceived as different. CIC cares only if the relationship is genuine. Explain how you both stay to each others culture and religion. The most important part is the love story and the evidence of times together. All the rest is just made up in our worrying mind.

hogaishaadi

Jun 26, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-ISL-LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2012
Doc's Request.
Ad Doc's May 2013
AOR Received.
May-12 ISL - July-14 LON
File Transfer...
June-2014 LON
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah Dec 2014
Love Is Blind!

Until you have to go through immigration process, it really opens your eyes!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Significantly different religious and cultural backgrounds do generate a bit of "red flag" for CIC and it will invite greater scrutiny. My comments were not to try and disparage your relationship, but rather to alert you to the manner in which CIC will investigate the relationship.

What you need to do is try and imagine you are a suspicious, cynical CIC visa officer, and you stumble upon this application of a muslim man marrying a christian woman. Ideally, by the time you finish reading the story of their relationship you should be crying for it's beauty and how convincing it is that the relationship really is genuine.

While my own relationship issues were substantially different than yours (in my case it included a significant age difference and a prior refusal of my skilled worker application) I worked very hard to put together a convincing story - to give the VO the evidence needed to demonstrate that our relationship really was genuine. When I was done, I had a very persuasive application.

Good luck!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I agree with Comptergeek here. A big difference in the backgrounds of the husband and wife is a red flag. That does not mean the visa will be rejected. It does mean that you need to 1. address the concerns about your differences in the application, and 2. provide more proof than the average applicant would need.

You have told us that your religious differences don't matter to you and your wife. So in your application you must also explain this to the visa officer. If you are Muslim, but not practicing, and your wife is Christian, but not practicing, say this and offer any proof possible. Many people don't really pay much attention to religious matters anymore, and so a difference in religions wouldn't make much difference in their relationship. But you have to explain this to the visa officer; otherwise he/she will see it as a big conflict.
You should explain as you did here that your wife may convert, but you two are waiting while she researches this. You should be clear that you have talked about having children - wanting or not wanting kids are both OK, the key is that you two should have talked about it and agree. If you two both want kids, you should state that you have discussed what religion, if any, you will raise them in.