+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost Passport.

namramnamram

Aug 1, 2013
I lost my passport yesterday.

I had filed a report at Toronto Police Station but they didn't issue me a Copy of the report.

What are the next steps to follow ?

Please help me...

cordoang

Jun 17, 2013
go to your embassy's website and follow the steps your lost/stolen passport procedure. In my experience its fairly simple procedure. You most likely will also have to visit your closet embassy.

ricky.kaushal

Jul 8, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014, Spouse added March 8, 2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF and PCC - Aug 12, 2014 Wife's Doc - April 22.2015
Nomination.....
19-03-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
In process & DM July 30th, 2015
Med's Request
01-05-2014 Wife's June 10, 2015
Med's Done....
03-05-2014 Wife's June 11, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 30th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2015
namramnamram said:
I lost my passport yesterday.

I had filed a report at Toronto Police Station but they didn't issue me a Copy of the report.

What are the next steps to follow ?

Please help me...
http://www.blsindia-canada.com/new_ppt.php

http://www.cgivancouver.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58&Itemid=60

Hope these two links help you. ;)

namramnamram

Aug 1, 2013
Thank you for the reply, Brothers.

I checked you link and I saw the requirements of our Consulate Embassy, they are asking to provide a proof of Entry or Landing attached with the new passport application.

I checked CIC website for issuance of Proof of Landing and they are saying if I apply now, They will deliver it to me after 6 months because of some strike.

I am really freaked out, Guys. I am in shock and terror. What should I do now ?

namramnamram

Aug 1, 2013
I forgot to mention that my study permit was attached within the passport. I lost it along with the passport too.

ricky.kaushal

Jul 8, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014, Spouse added March 8, 2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF and PCC - Aug 12, 2014 Wife's Doc - April 22.2015
Nomination.....
19-03-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
In process & DM July 30th, 2015
Med's Request
01-05-2014 Wife's June 10, 2015
Med's Done....
03-05-2014 Wife's June 11, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 30th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2015
namramnamram said:
I forgot to mention that my study permit was attached within the passport. I lost it along with the passport too.
Email CIC to get response .

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
namramnamram said:
A lesson worth learning - always always always make copies of your passport and other ID documents, scan and keep on computer, upload to a secured cloud, leave paper copies at home.

If you lose your passport/DL this is going to help getting new documentation.

Have you already been to your college to show you passport with the permit for them to make copies? If so, ask them to give you a copy of that so you can take that to your embassy/consulate.

studentadvice

Jul 23, 2013
Hi!

I can help you out with the entire process since I faced this problem recently.

Firstly, u need to file a police complaint.. once you do this.. they will give you a complaint number. Now you gotta go to the Toronto Police Headquarters at College Street and ask them for a copy of your police complaint to be sent to the embassy. They will make you fill a form out and not charge you anything since you are a student. (NOTE: you will not get a copy of this.. it will be sent directly to the embassy).

Next, you need to get an affidavit done stating that you have lost/misplaced your passport.

Then.. you can download the Lost/Stolen/Misplaced Passport application form from the website.. Fill this form with all your details and attach your picture. Once you do this..u need to take it to the Embassy at Sherbourne.
Along with this form you need to attach:
1. The affidavit
2. A copy of your lost passport + visa + study permit
3. A copy of your current residence proof
4. College fees reciept
5. A certified cheque of $152 address to the Consulate General of India (You can get this from the building where the embassy is located)
6. A prepaid envelope

Once you submit all this to the embassy, they will give you ur reciept and you will receive the passport within 30 days in your mail box.

Next...for the Visa.. It is not necessary to get your passport stamped with the visa unless you plan to go back to India. Cos when returning you would need it.
If you need the visa stamped on your pp.. you will first have to get a letter from your college.. and then apply for it. It is better to apply offline since in anyway you would have to send the pp for the visa to be stamped.

Coming to your study permit. (I had not lost the original)... but just to let you know.. you do not need to ask for a duplicate study permit. I hope you have a copy of it cos when you need to renew or extend it.. they only ask for a scanned copy of it. So do not be worried about this!

Hope this helps you. Feel free to contact if any questions.

I faced a lot of trouble during this time.. hence have specified the steps in detail so that you don't have any issues. I had to visit the embassy at least 5-6 times.

Good luck! :)

Reactions: maxiie

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
studentadvice said:
Hi!

Firstly, u need to file a police complaint.. once you do this.. they will give you a complaint number. Now you gotta go to the Toronto Police Headquarters at College Street and ask them for a copy of your police complaint to be sent to the embassy. They will make you fill a form out and not charge you anything since you are a student. (NOTE: you will not get a copy of this.. it will be sent directly to the embassy).

Next, you need to get an affidavit done stating that you have lost/misplaced your passport.

Then.. you can download the Lost/Stolen/Misplaced Passport application form from the website.. Fill this form with all your details and attach your picture. Once you do this..u need to take it to the Embassy at Sherbourne.
1. The affidavit
4. College fees reciept
5. A certified cheque of $152 address to the Consulate General of India (You can get this from the building where the embassy is located)
6. A prepaid envelope

Once you submit all this to the embassy, they will give you ur reciept and you will receive the passport within 30 days in your mail box.

Next...for the Visa.. It is not necessary to get your passport stamped with the visa unless you plan to go back to India. Cos when returning you would need it.
If you need the visa stamped on your pp.. you will first have to get a letter from your college.. and then apply for it. It is better to apply offline since in anyway you would have to send the pp for the visa to be stamped.

Coming to your study permit. (I had not lost the original)... but just to let you know.. you do not need to ask for a duplicate study permit. I hope you have a copy of it cos when you need to renew or extend it.. they only ask for a scanned copy of it. So do not be worried about this!

I faced a lot of trouble during this time.. hence have specified the steps in detail so that you don't have any issues. I had to visit the embassy at least 5-6 times.

great explanation, i hope it does all the trick for the user who lost passport. +1 for you.

namramnamram

Aug 1, 2013
Thanks Man, Thanks a lot for explaining in detail.

CanadaVisa.com is really helpful.

But, Just want to mention one thing that at Toronto Police Headquarters, they charged me $ 40 and I told them that I am a student.

And, One more thing, How do I know that the fax has reached Indian Consulate? Headquarter attendant told me that It will reach there within a week but didn't mention me the exact date.

I have the copy of the passport, permit but not of the Visa. Would that be a problem?

Once again, Thanks for helping me.

studentadvice

Jul 23, 2013
Well, they usually mail out the reports every Thursday. And you don't need to worry much.. things will eventually fall into place. Did you give them a copy of your student card?

When you visit the embassy to file for the new application.. they will ask about the report.. just say that the police has mentioned that it has already been faxed to the embassy. Let them do the needful then.

Well, they gave me a passport till the validity of my old passport which is 2015 since they thought i had misplaced my study permit too. But then you can take the new study permit and go to the bls office n ask them to renew ur passport up to 10 years without a fee.

Good luck!

AtinderS

Jan 27, 2017
Hi,

This post seems really helpful. Could you please let me know the exact process of getting study visa stamped on new passport? I am really worried as i have to go to India in March. I am expecting my new passport will be delivered to me within a week. Please respond asap.
Thanks

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi,

You can apply for your visa stamp online from my cic account same as you apply for extension of your study permit or PGWP.

upload necessary documents and pay your fees online. you will get passport request for visa stamp.

before you plan ahead to go back to india, please make sure to check the processing time for TRV.

sometimes people will get their ticket early while their file is in process and at the end they didn't get passport till their flight date.

Thanks,
Krunal

VishnuuuKs

Aug 10, 2022
Hi!

1. The affidavit
4. College fees reciept
6. A prepaid envelope

Hello bro,
Going through same situation. I’ve got my police report done. I have queries on
1: The affidavit format
2: A certified cheque of $152 address to the Consulate General of India > is it on the same floor as Embassy is?!
6. A prepaid envelope> how to obtain this

Please reply if u r still there. Can u send a mail of the format of affidavit if u can to vishnukodungakudy@gmail.com