+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost passport... how to get visa stamped on new one

Anand Hirulkar

Oct 6, 2019
Hi,
I got my study permit stamped few days ago and lost my passport. CIC site for replacement says I MUST provide Canadian address if I am applying for replacement of document. Can anyone help on this?
I have found the lost passport after getting new passport. Does the study permit in old passport still valid?

Nikil

Nov 30, 2020
If you've lost your passport within Canada and obtained a new one form the Indian embassy, then you will need to make a new application for TRV. You can't transfer your visa in lost passport, but you have to submit new application with police report from where the passport got lost. You can only transfer visa in old passport because you have been issued with biometric passport or the passport is damage and you have a new one. Lost passport cases are different and your visa in this passport will be cancelled and a new TRV will be issued - thus why a new application is needed. You may submit your application online at myCIC. Keep us posted. Very easy!!
Can

Oct 13, 2023
Hi there
I am an international student in Canada, recently lost my passport and got a new one. I have a query regarding visa stamping. Which Visa will be stamped on my new passport? Will I get S-1 Visa Stamp on the passport? or any other category visa.