RCMP
AOR Received.
22-June-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi All,

I had lost my passport.. however i got a new one from Indian embassy. Can any one let me know how to get my visa stamped on my new passport as i need to travel outside canada soon?

Thanks,
Meha

dok

Apr 20, 2014
If you've lost your passport within Canada and obtained a new one form the Indian embassy, then you will need to make a new application for TRV. You can't transfer your visa in lost passport, but you have to submit new application with police report from where the passport got lost. You can only transfer visa in old passport because you have been issued with biometric passport or the passport is damage and you have a new one. Lost passport cases are different and your visa in this passport will be cancelled and a new TRV will be issued - thus why a new application is needed. You may submit your application online at myCIC. Keep us posted. Very easy!!

MEHA

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
22-June-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Thanks for the information.

I looked it up on CIC... however im not sure of which application to use. Can u please guide me at that ..or send a link..

Thanks a lot for the help!!

dok

Apr 20, 2014
The website below could help:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

You're requesting for a replacement of valid Temporary Resident Permit because you lost it. You fill the forms and choose the online payment. Actually instructions are there to follow.
You may also read more in this forum about your situation:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/i-have-a-new-passport-but-my-study-permit-has-old-passport-number-t157296.0.html

Your study permit might contain your old passport number, but if your old passport number is recorded as lost in your new passport, you'll be fine when returning back to Canada. Or if you fear, you may request for replacement of both: study permit and TRV, but your permit will still have the old expiring dat. Here you pay replacement fees lower than the actual fees. Should the CIC require anything from you apart from the most importantly police report, I will advice you should contact the international student office in your university. They deal with these issues and might be familiar with things.

But as long as you follow the CIC website above, YOU SHOULD BE FINE!! You can also choose the urgent case, but you must prove it is indeed urgent. If you're travelling to India for personal reasons then you can't use this service. You may find more about this on the same website. GOOD LUCK

aminbh

Dec 30, 2014
hello everyone,
i have the same issue. i lost my indian passport with valid visa stamp and study permit in it. please guide me what should i do first, i did police complain and i have the incidence number with me and the officer who wrote my lost report.
please and thank you.

Shambhavi

May 18, 2016
Hi, Im facing the same problem now, my passport along with the visa and study permit is lost. Ive got a new passport from the consulate now but im confused regarding the visa and study permit. How did you get it and how long did it take?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Shambhavi said:
Hi, Im facing the same problem now, my passport along with the visa and study permit is lost. Ive got a new passport from the consulate now but im confused regarding the visa and study permit. How did you get it and how long did it take?

You will have to apply for verification of status. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

Noman Mughal

Aug 4, 2017
PAKISTAN
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey everybody

I hope you'll be fine. Please i wanna ask you a question?

I lost my passport with one year W-1 canadain visa

I didnt travel to canada. Im in pakistan now

My valid visa will b expire on 28/05/2018.
I still have that sponsor latter which was i got from canadian company

I want to know that should i reapeal to canadian embassy that i lost my passport and here is my sponsor latter and all documents.

Will embassy give me 2nd time visa on my new one passport because of my previous valid sponsor latter ?

I have all that documents which was i submitted to canada embassy first time

Please tell me bro ?

Should i reapeal to Canada embassy?

Or i have to get new sponsor ship from canada for my 2nd time visa ?

bhushangosavi93

Jun 13, 2016
Hi, I am an international student.
My India Passport was lost, I got a new passport now but i need assistance in getting trv restamped, can you help please?

Tonia24

Mar 14, 2018
Hello everyone, I need help please. I submitted my trv application last week, completed my biometrics last week but my passport was stolen few days ago. I have applied for a new passport. Is it fine to present my new passport when my visa is approved and requested for stamping?

Aug 18, 2018
Hey
My passport was damaged in water and i have to apply for new one.
Can anyone tell me how to apply for new one and once qe get the passport how do we get the student visa stamped on new one as my passport was damaged not lost...

Thanks

sukhdev97

Jul 9, 2019
Hi, I am an international student.
My India Passport was lost in canada , and now I got new passport in canada from canada embassy . now but i need assistance in getting trv re-stamped, can you help please?
i have fill up the form 5257e and some confusion in this .
1. what is CIU ?

Anand Hirulkar

Oct 6, 2019
Hi,
I got my study permit stamped few days ago and lost my passport. CIC site for replacement says I MUST provide Canadian address if I am applying for replacement of document. Can anyone help on this?