+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost IME report

Siddharth009

Dec 28, 2023
I applied for medical examination in 2021 for my study permit application. Now, in 2023 for submission of documents after receiving my ITA , IRCC requires that report as there is no need for re examination due to exemption. I am unable to find that report or IME number nor my consultant has that. What can i do in this case?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I applied for medical examination in 2021 for my study permit application. Now, in 2023 for submission of documents after receiving my ITA , IRCC requires that report as there is no need for re examination due to exemption. I am unable to find that report or IME number nor my consultant has that. What can i do in this case?
Contact the clinic you did the medical?
Or explain in your application this was done previously but you can’t find the report. They will be able to link it to current application and/or ask for new medical.
They do that with our UCIs and biometrics as well (though we do new biometrics now)

Siddharth009

Dec 28, 2023
Contact the clinic you did the medical?
Or explain in your application this was done previously but you can’t find the report. They will be able to link it to current application and/or ask for new medical.
They do that with our UCIs and biometrics as well (though we do new biometrics now)
I already tried to ask the clinic but they don't have the record now and do you mean previously done biometrics in home country won't be valid for PR file?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011

Siddharth009

Dec 28, 2023
As of June 2023, everyone has to new biometrics for PR even if you did it before.
My brother did his in 2019 and even though it was linked to his current PR application, he is expected to do a new one.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html#
Ohk. that explains why portal is asking for additional 85$ for biometrics. So, Is there any way to get IME number or report that i have lost? In documents section portal is asking for IME report to upload for the completion of PR application process.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Ohk. that explains why portal is asking for additional 85$ for biometrics. So, Is there any way to get IME number or report that i have lost? In documents section portal is asking for IME report to upload for the completion of PR application process.
If you are already in Canada and have done medical in the last 5 years include your UCI (as indicated in previous post) it will be linked.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

If you read further down on the link you will see that as of October 1, 2023, you no longer need to get an upfront medical examination before you submit your application for permanent residence through Express Entry.

In your document checklist, click the instructions (?) for medical, you will see they are asking to upload a blank sheet in place of upfront medical as IRCC will send you a medical request later on (for those who don’t meet the 5 year criteria)
You only need to attach LOE explaining you can’t find your previous IME - IRCC will link your previous Medicals without any issues.

I wouldn’t worry about this.

manirulf1

Aug 19, 2022
IRCC sent Medical Requests for all dependents except myself (principal applicant).
The tracker shows medical passed since I submitted my 2 year old study permit IME along with the application and blank page for dependent.
I never visited Canada.

Should I wait for them to correct the mistake of call/email them or assume my IME is completed?

@mandiebraxton Kindly answer.

Timeline
PNP outland applicant (SINP).
Timeline:
NOC - 22220
SINP EE ITA - May 04, 2023
SINP AOR - Jun 13, 2023
SINP Nomination - Oct 24, 2023
EE ITA - Dec 06, 2023
AOR - Dec 21, 2023
MR and BIL - Jan 31, 2024