+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost an old work permit

laloona

Aug 22, 2014
Hi guys,

Just found out I've lost an old work permit and my hard drive with a copy failed months ago :'( -- I need the information on it to complete the Physical Presence Calculation since they ask for detail and not a general timeline. I have enough days even without counting the time on my old work permit, but the form says they advise ALL eligible days be counted.

Has this happened to anyone else? I don't know if they will give me the information if I call CIC, and my other option at this point is to submit the application without that information.

Would love any ideas or suggestions you have.

Thanks!

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hi guys,

Just found out I've lost an old work permit and my hard drive with a copy failed months ago :'( -- I need the information on it to complete the Physical Presence Calculation since they ask for detail and not a general timeline. I have enough days even without counting the time on my old work permit, but the form says they advise ALL eligible days be counted.

Has this happened to anyone else? I don't know if they will give me the information if I call CIC, and my other option at this point is to submit the application without that information.

Would love any ideas or suggestions you have.

Thanks!
I suggest you give CIC a call first and then go from there

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
We’re you working on work permit in a stretch.. if there are no gaps.. you can enter the start date if work permit and until you received pr

I was in work permit too and I didn’t referred it, since I went with above method. Good thing for me is that I didn’t had any gaps in between..