+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LOSS OF CURRENT JOB AFTER AINP

lovelybanu

Jan 8, 2014
Hi,

I received my AINP nomination in September 2013. I didn't file for PR till now. Now I lost my job with the employer who sponsored me for AINP. I was working with my employer on PGWP and I applied for a new work permit after getting PNP and my current work permit is valid for 2 years and is tied with the current employer. Can I still stay in Canada? Can I apply for PR with the AINP nomination? What if I inform AINP that I lost my job, will they withdraw my nomination? Is there any other ways that I can get PR.... Please reply, since I am so upset about all these happened....

reunion

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
17-Oct-2013
Nomination.....
15-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
Med's Request
22-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
19-12-2013
Passport Req..
June-18-2014
LANDED..........
July-17-2014
I think you have to tell ANIP and CIC about changes in employment status. But are you on closed work permit because you said your work permit is tied to the employer. You can apply for open work permit through bridging work permit.

tee1

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
You need to find another job asap. Your PR application is based solely on the nomination from your job and if you no longer have that job your nomination will be withdrawn. You can stay in Canada until your work permit expires but as it is a closed work permit you can not work for anyone else.
Find another employer and then call AINP to see if you can switch your nomination to the new employer.
You may need a LMO to work in the new job

You can not apply for a bridging open work permit. You can only apply if you have less than 4 months left on your visa

Sorry bud, its a crappy situation to be in but use the time you have to find another job and it will be fine.
Good luck, hope it works out

Youngarm

Oct 14, 2013
My current employer who nominated me for bc pnp is treating me so badly. I haven't filled for PR yet. She is so irrational. She is always screaming at the slightest mistake. Working with her feels like a modern day slave. I don't feel happy working there atall.... What do you advice me to do..... My work permit is closed.... I'm getting so frustrated... I thought of resigning but I do not want to lose my nomination either.

Please help! Any ideas or suggestions?

maplelove

Jun 11, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013 send, received by AINP 11-11-2013
Nomination.....
January 13,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 2, 2014
Interview........
in process: August 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 7, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2014
Youngarm said:
My current employer who nominated me for bc pnp is treating me so badly. I haven't filled for PR yet. She is so irrational. She is always screaming at the slightest mistake. Working with her feels like a modern day slave. I don't feel happy working there atall.... What do you advice me to do..... My work permit is closed.... I'm getting so frustrated... I thought of resigning but I do not want to lose my nomination either.

Please help! Any ideas or suggestions?
Endure. For the sake of your nomination, be strong and endure it. File your nomination asap and resign after you got PR.

OR

Resign. If you think you are not reaching the 4-yr cap for temp foreign workers yet and you can find a new employer who can get you nominated, get away from that hell.

All the best.

bmm651

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
tee1 said:
You need to find another job asap. Your PR application is based solely on the nomination from your job and if you no longer have that job your nomination will be withdrawn. You can stay in Canada until your work permit expires but as it is a closed work permit you can not work for anyone else.
Find another employer and then call AINP to see if you can switch your nomination to the new employer.
You may need a LMO to work in the new job

You can not apply for a bridging open work permit. You can only apply if you have less than 4 months left on your visa

Sorry bud, its a crappy situation to be in but use the time you have to find another job and it will be fine.
Good luck, hope it works out
I APPLIED PR BASED ON AINP AND GOT PR FILE NUMBER BUT THEN I APPLIED MY BOWP IN BETWEEN I LOST MY JOB BEFORE I GOT BOWP AND YESTERDAY I SAW THAT I GOT WP-EXT SO I DONT KNOW WHAT DOES IT MEAN I AM WAITING FOR ACTUAL THAT WP BY POST. NOW SUGGEST WHAT SHOULD BE MY NEXT STEP
TELL TO AINP AND CIC THAT I AM LOOKING FOR ANOTHER JOB ?
DOES IT EFFECT ON PR FILE?
DID ANYONE DID THIS KIND OF THINGS BEFORE AND GOT PR NOW?
SO MUCH STRESS PLS HELP PLS PLS PLS

Dan00123

Mar 17, 2017
GUYS I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP
I'm new to this forum, and need some opinions. I received my AINP in January 2017 and I did my paper application in February 2017. Haven't received my file number yet. But now the Employeer that I got my AINP through wants me to do thing those are above and beyond my job description. On refusing the things he asked me to do, he is threatening me that he will get my AINL cancelled. My Post graduate open workpermit is expiring this October so now my question is, as soon as I get my file number and also my bridging open work permit, can I just quit this job? Or he can still get my AINP cancelled after I get my file number and renewed work permit ?? What If I go back home and stay there for 5 months, is that Ainp or CIC people got to do anything with the employeer after I get the file number? By the way my NOC code is 6311. PLEASE HELP.

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Ainp applied 18 may 2016, File No July,15, 2016. PR applied 29 dec 2016
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
5-dec-2013-GENERAL-UNIERSITY
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
PPR PP req and DM: sep 12, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
13-january-2014, PR Landing: 7 Oct,2018
Dan00123 said:
GUYS I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP
I'm new to this forum, and need some opinions. I received my AINP in January 2017 and I did my paper application in February 2017. Haven't received my file number yet. But now the Employeer that I got my AINP through wants me to do thing those are above and beyond my job description. On refusing the things he asked me to do, he is threatening me that he will get my AINL cancelled. My Post graduate open workpermit is expiring this October so now my question is, as soon as I get my file number and also my bridging open work permit, can I just quit this job? Or he can still get my AINP cancelled after I get my file number and renewed work permit ?? What If I go back home and stay there for 5 months, is that Ainp or CIC people got to do anything with the employeer after I get the file number? By the way my NOC code is 6311. PLEASE HELP.
Whatvis your nominatiom category?
What mentioned on your nominatiom certificate on employment resyrictions column and Employer column?

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Ainp applied 18 may 2016, File No July,15, 2016. PR applied 29 dec 2016
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
5-dec-2013-GENERAL-UNIERSITY
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
PPR PP req and DM: sep 12, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
13-january-2014, PR Landing: 7 Oct,2018
bmm651 said:
I APPLIED PR BASED ON AINP AND GOT PR FILE NUMBER BUT THEN I APPLIED MY BOWP IN BETWEEN I LOST MY JOB BEFORE I GOT BOWP AND YESTERDAY I SAW THAT I GOT WP-EXT SO I DONT KNOW WHAT DOES IT MEAN I AM WAITING FOR ACTUAL THAT WP BY POST. NOW SUGGEST WHAT SHOULD BE MY NEXT STEP
TELL TO AINP AND CIC THAT I AM LOOKING FOR ANOTHER JOB ?
DOES IT EFFECT ON PR FILE?
DID ANYONE DID THIS KIND OF THINGS BEFORE AND GOT PR NOW?
SO MUCH STRESS PLS HELP PLS PLS PLS
Whatvis your nominatiom category?
What mentioned on your nominatiom certificate on employment resyrictions column and Employer column?

fermisk

Mar 30, 2017
Hello,
My case is similar.
AINP Nominated in December 2016
Lost job in Feb 2017
Just got my BOWP for another 12 month.
Nomination doesn't have employment/employee restrictions/strategic recruitment stream
If I inform AINP will AINP cancel my nomination or CIC cancel my PR application?
Currently my PR application is in Back Ground process.

Any response appreciated.

Last edited:

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
Just find another job that s all and stay put .

Reactions: fermisk