+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

losing child pr

radiology45

Feb 4, 2024
Hi.just seeking some informaion.we had PR in 2005 . After 4 or 5 months landing in canada we moved back to our country while my daughter was a child as a minor. Now she is 19 and wishes to come back to canada. I know that she must apply for PRTD. I wish to know if applying PRTD will be positive. after entering to canada how long should she stay in canada .... I have read having prtd should stay for two years without permission to go back to her country.
Could u please guide me ?
Thanks

radiology45

Feb 4, 2024
Hi .
need an advice and help
after 110 days applying online PRTD for my daughter (losing PR As a minor) no reply from IRRC.
what should we do ?
how long does it take?
Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
There is no timeline for H&C PRTD.

If she is from US and has US passport, she doesn't need PRTD to travel. (Since you posted in the section under "Moving to Canada from US"

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If she does try to return to Canada via the US she still risks being reported. If she is able to enter without being reported she should plan on remaining in Canada for 2 years and will not have access to provincial healthcare in many provinces or a valid PR card which may be needed to attend post-secondary education at a domestic tuition rate. If she is awarded PRTD based on H&C and enter Canada you can apply for a PR card on arrival. Why she wants to move to Canada may have a huge impact on what you want to do. As previously said PRTD based on H&C doesn’t have a timeframe and given her lack of connection to Canada and long absence from Canada she should also have a plan b if she losses PR status.