+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
happylaw said:
So I finally got through after calling about 15 times! I spoke with the nicest lady EVER!!! I wish I could always talk to her everytime I call. She was so professional and kind. She didnt give me the usual response of not having access to my file. Instead she opened my file and told me all that she could about it. I was told my file was forwarded to Los Angeles for final review so it will be another 60-90 days. I hope it's sooner than that but at least its something right? I have at least a time frame. And they said they have my medicals even though Ecas doesnt show it. There is movement!!!!!

I cant believe Im this excited about another potential 3 month wait but the news could be worse so I am happy

Have a nice weekend everyone!! Stay positive!
That IS great news! It's always so much greater knowing what's going on then being in the dark. Congrat! I hope you, and everyone else, hear something soon!!

Tomorrow is our one year wedding anniversary already! OK, so we don't have the visa yet, but we seem to be nearly there (sent the passport 3 weeks + ago), and we are together!! ;D

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CORP received Dec 5, 2012
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
Amoss said:
That IS great news! It's always so much greater knowing what's going on then being in the dark. Congrat! I hope you, and everyone else, hear something soon!!

Tomorrow is our one year wedding anniversary already! OK, so we don't have the visa yet, but we seem to be nearly there (sent the passport 3 weeks + ago), and we are together!! ;D
Congratulations to you too!! My husband and I celebrated our one year a few days ago! I cant believe I have been married for a year now too! We are almost done with the process and I am so thankful!! :)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
happylaw said:
Congratulations to you too!! My husband and I celebrated our one year a few days ago! I cant believe I have been married for a year now too! We are almost done with the process and I am so thankful!! :)
Speaking of anniversaries, ours is in a few weeks. Trying to decide what to do with the very little money we have hmm. All I know is dinner at Boston Pizza and some video games :p

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
we ended up having a wonderful time with a date at a tasty Indian restaurant and then some drive through the mountains and a swim in the river!! Perfect!

But you know, I like Boston Pizza and video games too! Best to just do what you both love.

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
I notice a lot of people saying that their address on Ecas at some point changes to the same address. I am in Canada on an extended visit (I received a one year extension visa) so the mailing address on Ecas is the same as my sponsor's since I dont want my paperwork going to my US permanent address. Should I not have done that?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
happylaw said:
I notice a lot of people saying that their address on Ecas at some point changes to the same address. I am in Canada on an extended visit (I received a one year extension visa) so the mailing address on Ecas is the same as my sponsor's since I dont want my paperwork going to my US permanent address. Should I not have done that?
Ours has been the same the entire time so I think you're okay :)

pixieprincess

Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2011
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012...received by mail on 20-11-2012
computergeek said:
Have you ordered your GCMS notes? That will tell you if they have received your medicals or not. It does take 30 days to find out, but I just submit a new request every 30 days, so about once a month I get the status as of a month ago.
Until reading this post I didn't even know I could request GCMS notes, what does that stand for anyways? When I make the request how should I do it? I'm not sure what to write in the request...sorry I'm a noob lol

And one other question after you pay the right of permanent residence fee, how long does it usually take until your approved?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
pixieprincess said:
Until reading this post I didn't even know I could request GCMS notes, what does that stand for anyways? When I make the request how should I do it? I'm not sure what to write in the request...sorry I'm a noob lol
Start here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp
And one other question after you pay the right of permanent residence fee, how long does it usually take until your approved?
[/quote]

An excellent question, deserving an equally good answer... Next question? :p

Seriously, nobody knows, it could be two months or it could be six. It's a mystery of our faith...

Good luck!

pixieprincess

Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2011
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Should i make the request under the access to information act or privacy act? god why does all of this stuff make me feel so stupid lol

pixieprincess

Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2011
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
oops never mind found the answer to my own question ::)

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
parker24 said:
Ours has been the same the entire time so I think you're okay :)
Ok great! Thanks! :)

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
No news yet :( Any one have any good news to share?

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
I just made the ridiculously long drive from Calgary to Tucson this weekend (25 hrs!). So happy to be waiting things out with my husband. However; part of my nightmares came true at the border. We got a cranky, rather rude lady who didn't believe that I had strong enough ties to Canada, despite my sponsorship approval letter, and employment letter in hand. I had put together enough documents that I felt like I was well equipped to prove I was only visiting my husband for 6 months, in which time I would return to Canada. But because my ties weren't equity, like owning a home, I was unable to convince her. I was given a visitor record card and must go back to Canada by Oct 12. We begged for her to allow us to spend our anniversary together (Nov 11) and she wouldn't do it. She said "we aren't trying to keep people apart, we're just trying to keep things honest. I shouldn't even let you across the border at all".

That's when I started bawling and this is why my husband is coming to Canada.. because Canada is better (duh, right?!). I could have lied through my teeth to easily slip across the border (saying something like we are visiting family for a few weeks, passport would probably not even been stamped), but we decided to keep it honest and completely within the letter of the law, and for that WE are the ones who suffer. We just want to be together!

Anyways, despite a little wrinkle in our plans, we are happy to be under one roof for 6 weeks. Hopefully ecas updates to in process soon. Government officials/agencies just have no idea how much they hold our fates, do they? :eek:

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Sunshine87 said:
I just made the ridiculously long drive from Calgary to Tucson this weekend (25 hrs!). So happy to be waiting things out with my husband. However; part of my nightmares came true at the border. We got a cranky, rather rude lady who didn't believe that I had strong enough ties to Canada, despite my sponsorship approval letter, and employment letter in hand. I had put together enough documents that I felt like I was well equipped to prove I was only visiting my husband for 6 months, in which time I would return to Canada. But because my ties weren't equity, like owning a home, I was unable to convince her. I was given a visitor record card and must go back to Canada by Oct 12. We begged for her to allow us to spend our anniversary together (Nov 11) and she wouldn't do it. She said "we aren't trying to keep people apart, we're just trying to keep things honest. I shouldn't even let you across the border at all".

That's when I started bawling and this is why my husband is coming to Canada.. because Canada is better (duh, right?!). I could have lied through my teeth to easily slip across the border (saying something like we are visiting family for a few weeks, passport would probably not even been stamped), but we decided to keep it honest and completely within the letter of the law, and for that WE are the ones who suffer. We just want to be together!

Anyways, despite a little wrinkle in our plans, we are happy to be under one roof for 6 weeks. Hopefully ecas updates to in process soon. Government officials/agencies just have no idea how much they hold our fates, do they? :eek:
Oh yes
They DO NOT have the idea how much they hold our fates. and they obviously would not have idea about how it feels to be apart from our life partners. (they should experience it for once and then they would do the work very very soon)

scottandlisag

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O---> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012 <3
Sunshine87 said:

Stay strong and be honest... Just go back and cross the border BEFORE the Visitor Permit expires, hope you get someone else coming back ;)