+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Consulate: TRV

kamaskar

Jun 25, 2011
Hello,

I am an Indian citizen in US o F-1 Visa. I have applied for visitor TRV at Los Angeles by mail (delivered yesterday) and I have to undertake my visit in a month. The Los Angeles Consulate webpage says that the reviewing time is 30 business days and applications submitted in Mar/Apr will take longer than usual.

I did not submit application in Mar/Apr but in June and till May the processing time was shown as 14 business days. If someone has applied (by mail) and received TRV in Los Angeles recently, may I know how much time it took for them to send it back. If I don't receive my passport in next two weeks, is there a way to expedite the review by sending the emergency-processing cover later separately?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Achin.

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
kamaskar said:
Hello,

I am an Indian citizen in US o F-1 Visa. I have applied for visitor TRV at Los Angeles by mail (delivered yesterday) and I have to undertake my visit in a month. The Los Angeles Consulate webpage says that the reviewing time is 30 business days and applications submitted in Mar/Apr will take longer than usual.

I did not submit application in Mar/Apr but in June and till May the processing time was shown as 14 business days. If someone has applied (by mail) and received TRV in Los Angeles recently, may I know how much time it took for them to send it back. If I don't receive my passport in next two weeks, is there a way to expedite the review by sending the emergency-processing cover later separately?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Achin.
I know an Indian applied in person at LA Consulate and got the visa same day. In June

kamaskar

Jun 25, 2011
ashokcan said:
I know an Indian applied in person at LA Consulate and got the visa same day. In June
But I have already sent my application packet by mail. Should I separately fax a letter explaining the urgency of the case to accelerate the processing?

nash_avatar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Brampton , Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo , USA
App. Filed.......
23 Nov 2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
ashokcan said:
I have all docs what i need to apply in person but i have really minor questions like
Do they want all original docs ?
Do they keep any of my docs other than passport?
Should i bring Copy of my docs to give them?
do I need to have a folder for submission?

what are the things other than docs and forms I need to take care on final day before going in person?
I really appreciate your help if you guide me in my query.
Thanks

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
nash_avatar said:
I have all docs what i need to apply in person but i have really minor questions like
Do they want all original docs ?
Do they keep any of my docs other than passport?
Should i bring Copy of my docs to give them?
do I need to have a folder for submission?

what are the things other than docs and forms I need to take care on final day before going in person?
I really appreciate your help if you guide me in my query.
Thanks
Hello Nash,
Bring copy of your docs.
Bring original with you, in case they want to verify.
they will keep copy of your docs
Carry everything in folder,they shall return your folder and consider you as a good educated Indian ;D
Everything will be fine, go ahead. 8)

nash_avatar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Brampton , Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo , USA
App. Filed.......
23 Nov 2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
Thanks guy,
I got my TRV :D and already visited Toronto. It is beatiful. I just forgot return mail so i had to go second time to personally collect my Passport with visa.
Just for others information.
There is parking structure infront of visa office. It is 10$ per day. Most probably you didnt need more than 2 hours but parking around this area is so expensive ( 4$ per Hour) so i advice to go in that parking structure. This parking is full around 9 AM.
Dont ask that security guard for guidance. He doesnt know several things. He misguided me on first time. Office opens at 8 30 AM. and elevator starts serving at 9 floor at 8 15 AM.
Thanks for information.

Midwest

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-26-2012
File Transfer...
09-12-2012
Med's Done....
06-04-2012
Passport Req..
02-05-2013
Hello everyone!
I got my TRV visa yesterday in LA. I applied in person; documents were ready next day. The lines were short both days. I'm really happy with their service: nice and friendly.
By the way, I applied for 2-year visa and got for 5-year! ;D

Twilight001

Oct 15, 2011
Midwest said:
Hello everyone!
I got my TRV visa yesterday in LA. I applied in person; documents were ready next day. The lines were short both days. I'm really happy with their service: nice and friendly.
By the way, I applied for 2-year visa and got for 5-year! ;D
Hello Midwest! What time were you there and what documents did you bring? How long were you there at the consulate? Please let me know. I am planning to apply in person (instead of sending it through mail--processing takes time) but I'm not sure if canadian consulates in the US still accept in-person application. Appreciate your reply. Thanks!

nycchip

Oct 15, 2011
Midwest, you got your visa the next day even thought their website says 30 days processing? The reason I am asking I remember getting my visa just as fast in the spring. Right now NY embassy website says 30 days and I was shocked to see that because I don't have the 30 days to apply before my trip.

Thanks.

Midwest

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-26-2012
File Transfer...
09-12-2012
Med's Done....
06-04-2012
Passport Req..
02-05-2013
Twilight001 said:
Hello Midwest! What time were you there and what documents did you bring? How long were you there at the consulate? Please let me know. I am planning to apply in person (instead of sending it through mail--processing takes time) but I'm not sure if canadian consulates in the US still accept in-person application. Appreciate your reply. Thanks!
Hello Twilight001! I was there at 10 a.m. when I dropped off my documents, and at 2.30 p.m. when I picked it up next day. It took 10 or 15 minutes to drop off documents (I was the third one in the line) and 2 minutes to pick it up (I was the first one in the line). I had following documents: my passport, a copy of my expired passport (with previous Canadian visa), an invitation letter, proof of funds, documents of my legal presence in the USA, 2 photos, applications for the visa, and a money order. I believe that's it. Canadian consulates in the US still accept in-person applications.

Midwest

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-26-2012
File Transfer...
09-12-2012
Med's Done....
06-04-2012
Passport Req..
02-05-2013
nycchip said:
Midwest, you got your visa the next day even thought their website says 30 days processing? The reason I am asking I remember getting my visa just as fast in the spring. Right now NY embassy website says 30 days and I was shocked to see that because I don't have the 30 days to apply before my trip.
Thanks.
Yes, I got my visa the next day. I think, they mean that processing time is 30 days maximum. Last year in Washington I got a same day service. A security guy from LA consulate said that they installed a new system, and currently they don't provide same day service (everywhere in the US). LA consulate website also mentions 30 days but actually that's not true. I read somewhere that visa processing time for certain nationalities is longer, and they might need interview.

Nasratalimy

Dec 5, 2012
Hey bro I applied for TRV (tourist) in Last friday, I am in same condition now as you were before I forgot to send a return envelope and still wondering how to collect my passport back from Los Angeles Section, I am in Fremont, CA should I go in person and ask them as I still dont know whether they issued me visa or not I emailed them but didn't reply me back.
Your advise will be appreciated

thanks