+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for work around Metro Vancouver

Salazar1196

Aug 17, 2022
i Have been looking for work desperately for the last month and no success not Even a reply back. I have applied through indeed, Jobbank and WorkBC, but nothing so far. And most of the posts look like spam. I am trying to get into construction, starting from my labourers job. If someone can help me figure out how to approach this, that would be very helpful. As per the new rules I can work more than 20 hours on my study visa so I am willing to work for 40 hours every week And I can do the work in Vancouver Burnaby Richmond and coquitlam preferably not surrey.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i Have been looking for work desperately for the last month and no success not Even a reply back. I have applied through indeed, Jobbank and WorkBC, but nothing so far. And most of the posts look like spam. I am trying to get into construction, starting from my labourers job. If someone can help me figure out how to approach this, that would be very helpful. As per the new rules I can work more than 20 hours on my study visa so I am willing to work for 40 hours every week And I can do the work in Vancouver Burnaby Richmond and coquitlam preferably not surrey.
Do you live in BC? If not that is one reason if you don’t have a BC address/driver’s license/healthcard. People will wonder how you will move and afford to settle in Vancouver, one of the most expensive cities. Visit a BC employment centre to talk to job counsellors and help with your job search. If you don’t live in BC, then why are you moving there?

Last edited:

Salazar1196

Aug 17, 2022
Do you live in BC? If not that is one reason if you don’t have a BC address/driver’s license/healthcard. People will wonder how you will move and afford to settle in Vancouver, one of the most expensive cities. Visit a BC employment centre to talk to job counsellors and help with your job search. If you don’t live in BC, then why are you moving there?
I live in Burnaby, BC. if you read again I mentioned I'm on a study visa here.

Salazar1196

Aug 17, 2022
So don’t say you are one person and then another. Go to an employment centre and get counselling advice to find a job. This is not an immigration issue.
I'm asking a basic question, I am not here for personal opinions! it's not like I posted those on any of the immigration issue forums.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm asking a basic question, I am not here for personal opinions!
I told you - go to a BC employment centre. Ask questions about finding work on work forums like Reddit. This is an immigration forum not an employment forum. Just stating facts, not opinions.

Salazar1196

Aug 17, 2022
I told you - go to a BC employment centre. Ask questions about finding work on work forums like Reddit. This is an immigration forum not an employment forum. Just stating facts, not opinions.
and thank you for that suggestion but this is finding work in the Canada forum, and that's what my question was regarding, not immigration in any way if you could read and if you are going to be arrogant and egoistic about it, presuming you know everything, that's your problem.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
and thank you for that suggestion but this is finding work in the Canada forum, and that's what my question was regarding, not immigration in any way if you could read and if you are going to be arrogant and egoistic about it, presuming you know everything, that's your problem.
Omg
See that you’re going to be a wonderful employee
Someone is going to be lucky to hire you

Do you even have a clue what BC employment centre does ? Like the faintest clue ?
It’s called WorkBC. Amongst others
That’s one of your problems

Salazar1196

Aug 17, 2022
Omg
See that you’re going to be a wonderful employee
Someone is going to be lucky to hire you

Do you even have a clue what BC employment centre does ? Like the faintest clue ?
It’s called WorkBC. Amongst others
That’s one of your problems
Did you even try asking me about my knowledge of the BC Employment Center before being all judgemental? Clearly not, and now I again have to deal with someone who feels entitled and wants to be arrogant about their knowledge.
if you really wanna know,

I have googled about it now thanks to @Naturgrl and applied and received my service card through their mobile application as well as an appointment with WorkBC has been scheduled.(you choose to be condescending about BC Employment Center and WorkBC but you could have just said that as it is but no you had to be arrogant entitlements with your knowledge.)
lol someone just needs attention I guess

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Since you are a full-time student most construction companies will not want to hire you because as a full-time student you shouldn’t be available for typical construction work hours. In general due to higher interest rates a lot of construction has stopped so the need for construction labour, especially unskilled labour, is likely not strong. What is your work and education history? Is there a reason you are set on construction work?