+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

looking for some opinion

michaelfraser

Aug 6, 2020
Hey there,

I’m planning on travelling back to Canada(Montreal) 3 days before the expiration of my study permit and TRV. I’ll be there on 28th of August but mine expires on 31st. Unfortunately, it’s one of the only available flights. I’m planning on applying for extension immediately after I enter Canada like right away so I would be staying on implied status. I will show my extended CAQ to the border officer just to assure him I’ll be applying for study permit extension immediately. I haven’t graduated, I have 2 semesters left so I’ll have Enrolment letter from my university to confirm I still need to study
What do you think about my situation? How can I argue with airlines in case they don’t let me board with soon to be expired study permit?

Let's go to party

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
It's a risky situation to be honest. It would be safe if you'd reapply while outland. Knowing that even people with sp extensions are facing a prolonged situation here. Yet again, if you think you're confident that you can convince the VO during these stringent times, then go ahead ! #NO REGRETS, #BE WISE #PATIENCE

michaelfraser

Aug 6, 2020
It's a risky situation to be honest. It would be safe if you'd reapply while outland. Knowing that even people with sp extensions are facing a prolonged situation here. Yet again, if you think you're confident that you can convince the VO during these stringent times, then go ahead ! #NO REGRETS, #BE WISE #PATIENCE
I won’t be able to get extension before winter if I apply outside now. I talked to ISS office at my university and they said it should be okay because it is going to be still valid and suggested I print IRCC webpage part that says people can travel on the last day too. However, I was just looking for some tips, opinions and maybe experience

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Hey there,

I’m planning on travelling back to Canada(Montreal) 3 days before the expiration of my study permit and TRV. I’ll be there on 28th of August but mine expires on 31st. Unfortunately, it’s one of the only available flights. I’m planning on applying for extension immediately after I enter Canada like right away so I would be staying on implied status. I will show my extended CAQ to the border officer just to assure him I’ll be applying for study permit extension immediately. I haven’t graduated, I have 2 semesters left so I’ll have Enrolment letter from my university to confirm I still need to study
What do you think about my situation? How can I argue with airlines in case they don’t let me board with soon to be expired study permit?

I don't see any issue in regards to number of days left for your SP when you re-enter Canada.. The main concern is that you are NOT giving yourself a buffer if flight gets cancelled or rescheduled for some reason. You'll be in trouble if its rescheduled a week later.

Reactions: michaelfraser

michaelfraser

Aug 6, 2020
I don't see any issue in regards to number of days left for your SP when you re-enter Canada.. The main concern is that you are NOT giving yourself a buffer if flight gets cancelled or rescheduled for some reason. You'll be in trouble if its rescheduled a week later.
I 100% agree with you and I did check that information. Basically I’m travelling from Baku, Azerbaijan and flights were not operating at all. They just starting now. But, I’m going from Baku/Turkey/Canada and I’ve been checking the information on their flights everyday basically, so far no delays. I also saw theres 2 flights going before the expiry of my SP.
how would you suggest to convince the airline to let me board in case they say it’s expiring soon?

michaelfraser

Aug 6, 2020
Sorry forgot to add, my TRV expires on the same day as SP. that is why I asked about the airlines

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
If you have all the supporting documents, I don't see any issue with the airlines as well. Specially if it is Turkish. Gulf carriers are more painful to talk to. If you still have doubt, contact Turkish's social team on twitter (in private message) or call global number and talk to them. Better if you have a writing confirmation. Print that and take it with you.

michaelfraser

Aug 6, 2020
If you have all the supporting documents, I don't see any issue with the airlines as well. Specially if it is Turkish. Gulf carriers are more painful to talk to. If you still have doubt, contact Turkish's social team on twitter (in private message) or call global number and talk to them. Better if you have a writing confirmation. Print that and take it with you.
I contacted them but they said they cannot give any advice or opinion. They say they follow what Canada says. I’ve heard they rejected someone who had 10 days before the visa would expire but it is because the person has graduated from university, they called someone in Canada to check if the person graduated. I am planning on bringing enrolment letter to prove I have not graduated. Would that be supporting document or I should bring anything else? I’m sorry for many questions

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
I contacted them but they said they cannot give any advice or opinion. They say they follow what Canada says. I’ve heard they rejected someone who had 10 days before the visa would expire but it is because the person has graduated from university, they called someone in Canada to check if the person graduated. I am planning on bringing enrolment letter to prove I have not graduated. Would that be supporting document or I should bring anything else? I’m sorry for many questions
I think you will be fine. As long as your enrolment is valid.