01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
faith13 said:
my employee is very supportive and especially at this hard time, but I don't think I would be ok for the PNP program. I looked into it and their expectations seem pretty high. Or what do you think?

Depends on what province you are in.... ?

and I heard there is a bridging open working permit available after getting the AOR. I was wondering if you think maybe I can apply for that and look for another skilled job while waiting for a decision of my application.

If you get the AOR and you are within 4 months of the expiry of your current work permit, then, yes, you could apply for the BOWP. Since it is an open work permit, you can work for any employer (after you get the permit, of course). Since it is only good for one year, if there is a chance that your CEC application will be rejected, it would be important to use that year to find an employer willing to apply for an LMO.

If it get's rejected I could apply again under CEC or FWP.
Yes, to either... keep an eye on the FSW program, it's being revised and will reopen in May....
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-03-01.asp

faith13

Mar 8, 2013
CEC2013 said:
Oh of course not, the system is not flawless. And I'm sure some people do get away with things. But unfortunately, and excuse the phrase, you don't get brownie points for being a good guy.

I know it doesnt make you feel any better, but at least you caught this early on and still have options. I spent 7 years in country XYZ with nothing to show for it. So, my view of the Canadian system is quite favorable.

Anyways, if you do get rejected, you can always re-apply. We've seen people with success that have been rejected in the past, fixed the mistakes and moved on. The only thing is that you lose time and money.

I think Jes made a good point about the common-law or even PNP. Its something worth checking out. Dont lose hope though, especially if you've come this far. Just look for a proper solution and if necessary, seek expert council with consultants or lawyers.
Thank you for the encouraging words. I will definitely take your advice in consideration. Common-law seems to be a harder path I think. PNP I am not too sure about the whole system how it works. It seems to me you have to be very "special" to get elected from your province ( I live in Ontario). But I will look for a proper solution and will talk to a lawyer as well. But I don't know how these lawyers work, because I don't need them to represent me. If anything I just need their input as well. Again thanks for your help. Hope is the word that has been driving me for the last 2 months, ever since my fiancee fell into a coma. I just want to be here to help her to support her. It's not even about me anymore, if you know what I mean. Thanks for listening :)

faith13

Mar 8, 2013
1. I'm in Ontario. Probably one of the most common and toughest provinces in Canada, if I'm not mistaken. Do you think I would be eligible for it. And what do I or my company has to do?

2. Sorry if I seem to lack of knowledge, but I thought once you have a open work permit you can work anywhere you want and LMO is not needed anymore. But if understand your statement correctly, I do need an LMO to be considered gaining working experience in a field? So let's say I work in an engineering position ( which i think is skilled work either way, NO? Of course depending on your daily duties) my company has to still apply for an LMO even though I have an open wp? What's the purpose of an LMO then? I thought a LMO is a protection procedure to protect canadians from losing their jobs to a foreigner. Please enlighten me.

3. Thanks for the info, I will keep an eye on that

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
faith13 said:
1. I'm in Ontario. Probably one of the most common and toughest provinces in Canada, if I'm not mistaken. Do you think I would be eligible for it. And what do I or my company has to do?

I don't know enough about what you do to judge. The process is:
1) Your employer submits a an application (free) to Opportunities Ontario
2) If your employer is approved, you submit an application to Opportunities Ontario (not cheap!)
3) If your OO application is approved, then you are eligible for a work permit; you submit this application with your federal application to CIC.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/index.htm

If grad school is an option for you, that might be a consideration as well - you earn a master's degree in Ontario, you are eligible in Ontario -

2. Sorry if I seem to lack of knowledge, but I thought once you have a open work permit you can work anywhere you want and LMO is not needed anymore

My point was - if you apply for a BOWP, it is valid for only one year. If your CEC application is not approved, then ... you will need another work permit after one year. Hence, the importance of finding an employer willing to apply for an LMO (before your BOWP expires).

faith13

Mar 8, 2013
1) sounds good, I think I could ask my employer that
2) can you give me a rough number what is not cheap? 500-1000 or more?
3)Understood
4) Grad school? That means I have to have like 20k or something right? After earning my master's I would be eligible for PR as well?

Thanks again jes_ON :)