+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for advice of if I need to apply for new WP when my PR is inprogress

kvisa

Oct 5, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I am here for some advice or suggestion regarding my situation. My CEC PR application was subbmitted at the end of Dec., 2010. The medical examed was done on May 13, 2011. Last time, when I tried to confirmed if my medical reported has been delivered to the Visa Office at the end of August, I've been told that my file has been transfered to NY Visa Office. Since then, I did not hear anything from Visa Office. However, my current Post-graduation-work Permit will expired on Feb., 2012. I have heard that normally CEC will take about 14 months to process if the person is in Canada. My work permit expired date just fall in that range. However, I am a little bit worried about if they need to take longer than the usual time to process my application, which I did see it happened for some applicants. Therefore, should I apply a work permit just in case? If so, when should I start to apply? Thanks again for any kind of suggestions!!! :)

jsa

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
rcd on 8th june 2011
AOR Received.
19th august
IELTS Request
along with application
Med's Request
september 1st 2011
Med's Done....
september 9th 2011
apply for anything ie . vistor permit, work permit or anything before current one expiers.......!!! or do it in january so you can stay on implied status for atlest another two months after feb 2012.

but i suspect you will get it before feb........!!!

wish you good luck

regards

kvisa

Oct 5, 2011
jsa said:
apply for anything ie . vistor permit, work permit or anything before current one expiers.......!!! or do it in january so you can stay on implied status for atlest another two months after feb 2012.
but i suspect you will get it before feb........!!!

wish you good luck
regards
Thanks for the suggestion, jsa!! I was hoping that I can hear the Visa Office's decision soon too but you never know. Therefore, I was looking online and some ppl seems had their WP expired when the PR applications are still in progress. I do not want to give up the job when I am waiting for the application. If my Post-graducation work permit will expired on Feb 2012, do you know when is the latest time that I should apply a WP before my current one expired?

jsa

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
rcd on 8th june 2011
AOR Received.
19th august
IELTS Request
along with application
Med's Request
september 1st 2011
Med's Done....
september 9th 2011
one before to current one expire...........!

jsa

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
rcd on 8th june 2011
AOR Received.
19th august
IELTS Request
along with application
Med's Request
september 1st 2011
Med's Done....
september 9th 2011
very funny...........!!! lol ............... one month................!!!

AD85

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
08-08-2011
Med's Request
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
22-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2011
I had my ppr reqeust and my work permit expired on oct 5,2011 and i applied for online work permit and submitted it on oct4,2011. :)
you can file it anytime before expiry, this way i have 90 days to wait.

kvisa

Oct 5, 2011
AD85 said:
I had my ppr reqeust and my work permit expired on oct 5,2011 and i applied for online work permit and submitted it on oct4,2011. :)
you can file it anytime before expiry, this way i have 90 days to wait.
I see. During the wait time of the work permit be issued, does it mean you can not work? Do you mind if I ask what kind of the work permit you were holding before? I am having post-graduation work permit which is not able to be renew. The only opion is to apply a new regular work permit. However, the regular work permit needs to have the LMO form that is completed by employer at first and send to service Canada for review. My current HR dept is not willing to complete the LMO form for me.

AD85

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
08-08-2011
Med's Request
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
22-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2011
This is my THIRD work permit..hehe. First was post grad, second and third from the same company with LMO APPROVAL. lmo apporval right now takes about 8-9 weeks. i had applied for LMO ON aug 10,2011 and still no answer, so i called cic office and they notified me that send in the work permit file and i could call in once my LMO APRROVAL NUMBER IS THEIR. the point is apply closer to the date for LMO., you can work under implied status until you dont hear about work permit. so just apply very close to the date. If you company is ready to do your LMO work go ahead with LMO AND by the time you will have your ppr request and all :)

kvisa

Oct 5, 2011
AD85 said:
This is my THIRD work permit..hehe. First was post grad, second and third from the same company with LMO APPROVAL. lmo apporval right now takes about 8-9 weeks. i had applied for LMO ON aug 10,2011 and still no answer, so i called cic office and they notified me that send in the work permit file and i could call in once my LMO APRROVAL NUMBER IS THEIR. the point is apply closer to the date for LMO., you can work under implied status until you dont hear about work permit. so just apply very close to the date. If you company is ready to do your LMO work go ahead with LMO AND by the time you will have your ppr request and all :)
However, I contact my employer HR dept. They will not help me to complet the LMO to support my work permit application. I guess, the only way left for me to keep my legal stay if my current Post Graduation Wrok permit expired, is to get a visitor's visa. Does anyone know, how early I should apply before my current Post Graduation Wrok permit expired? Thanks!!!