+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looked Impossible with My Profile! Got Study Permit

SimpleML

Apr 24, 2021
Hi guys,

I had 8 years of education gap, 5 years of experience gap (job gap) due to govt examination preparation.

4 backlogs in Bachelors, barely 60 perc in it.

IELTS- 8.0

Got Study permit for university masters in CS.

All consultants were asking me to submit fake experience certificates to fill "gaps" and said I will definitely get rejection, but thankfully I didnt relent.

I was depressed for a year thinking how I wont get permit. but i realised if the gaps and "profile" were such an issue, there wont be any requirement of humans as the rigid algorithms can do a better job on this.

The reason of human visa officers working to judge applicants, gave the much needed hope to me. So, I submitted the application on my own with the help of a friend of mine.

SOP:-- it was like "I would like to bring back my life back to corporate world. this world class degree would launch me back into my professional life. I need this life changing education more than anything else in my life. I believe everyone deserves a second chance in life to correct the decisions of the past. this is my attempt for the same " . also attached govt exams admit letter. experience letter of 3 years job that i had done years back.

finance : GIC of 10k + one year tuition fee + bank sanction letter.

ties with India: Attached parent and sibling's tax doc of last year.

The start in a new country should never be based on fraud, which will eventually catch you in the long run.

I would recommend every one to focus in justifying "why this education". Any one doing it stands a chance.

Also, this forum is awwesome.

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
1st- congrats man.

the most important 2 elements of visa application is

1- your are genuine student

2- your are trustworthy person

you can prove both with letter of explanation and supporting documents. the letter of explanation or SOP should be informal and personal. the visa officer would love to see a letter that describes the applicant and their passion in pursuing education. sometimes using very academic format or using very fancy complicated words would not help your visa application especially if you used template and most people do that. the letter always should be felt like an interview. personal and passionate. and with supporting documents. you are good to go. so i advise always people to write their own letters. write about what they love and what they want to do in life. the letter should reflect your personality / history and level of education and future goals. the vo will know if you use template because they read thousands of them weekly.

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Hi guys,

I had 8 years of education gap, 5 years of experience gap (job gap) due to govt examination preparation.

IELTS- 8.0

All consultants were asking me to submit fake experience certificates to fill "gaps" and said I will definitely get rejection, but thankfully I didnt relent.

I was depressed for a year thinking how I wont get permit. but i realised if the gaps and "profile" were such an issue, there wont be any requirement of humans as the rigid algorithms can do a better job on this.

The reason of human visa officers working to judge applicants, gave the much needed hope to me. So, I submitted the application on my own with the help of a friend of mine.

SOP:-- it was like "I would like to bring back my life back to corporate world. this world class degree would launch me back into my professional life. I need this life changing education more than anything else in my life. I believe everyone deserves a second chance in life to correct the decisions of the past. this is my attempt for the same " . also attached govt exams admit letter. experience letter of 3 years job that i had done years back.

The start in a new country should never be based on fraud, which will eventually catch you in the long run.

I would recommend every one to focus in justifying "why this education". Any one doing it stands a chance.

I think the fact that you paid tuition fees for a year helped you a lot .. paying tuition fees not a requirement but still shows the intention

Reactions: SimpleML

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
Hi guys,

IELTS- 8.0

Congratulations dear..
May I know what's ur age?

altctrdelighted

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020

First of all congrats. And thank you for this !! I needed a little bit of uplifting. Your SOP tone and it's acceptance proves the point that VOs are also human beings. Just yesterday some consultant asked me to change my course. Naah .. not gonna do that.

sal2021

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
09-02-2021
Hi guys,

IELTS- 8.0

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your encouraging story.

If you don't mind, what is your age? university?

rahul10

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Hi guys,

IELTS- 8.0

More power to you fam! Wish you very good luck.

Reactions: SimpleML

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

IELTS- 8.0

The only weakness in your application was your grades and concerns that you may not be successful in the masters program. What masters program in CS accepted you with 60%? That is pretty unusual. The domestic students in your program will have needed much higher marks. When it comes to international students getting accepted often depends on who else applies that year.

SimpleML

Apr 24, 2021
The only weakness in your application was your grades and concerns that you may not be successful in the masters program. What masters program in CS accepted you with 60%? That is pretty unusual. The domestic students in your program will have needed much higher marks. When it comes to international students getting accepted often depends on who else applies that year.
Its all myth propagated by consultants.

I applied in 3 universities and I got selected in all of them for CS. :)

please understand the selection procedure of Canadian universities:--

1. For admission in any institution, one needs to first satisfy the eligibility criteria. if one cant satisfy any of the eligibilty criteria, his application is out rightly rejected.(almost all uni dont even read sop before rejecting such applications)

Eligibility criteria of universities has 3 things for Indians (yes its country wise for all universities):-

a. Grade

For Indians, most universities (incl UoT, UbC, UoA) have first class grade as eligibility criteria to be considered for admissions. As i had first class grade (60 perc is first class in india), i applied in those universities which were under my budget/ comfort.

b. backlogs

As per my research, only windsor had backlog limit (which allowed max 3 backlogs) and hence, i didnt apply in it. Rest uni were silent on it.

c. ielts
some ask for 6.5 some 6 and some even 7 band in ielts. i had 8, so i satisfied this criteria too.

2. once you satisfy the eligibility criteria, now comes the selection criteria

unis have 2 ways of selection :-

a. if they dont ask for sop

in such programs, direct percentage wise merit list is generated.

So, i didnt apply in any uni where they didnt ask for sop(or where the sop was optional), because i knew i stand no chance in the marks based merit list.

b. if they ask for sop

in these programs, Please note they never reject an application without reading sop. So, since I satisifed the eligibility criteria and submitted applications in only those universities where they asked sop, i stood at equal footing with other applicants (who even had 90 perc in bachelors).

the result was i was selected and many 90+ perc guys couldn't make it due to the poor sop.

Reactions: Titanium

Meerasukumar

Dec 8, 2020
can you please help me
Conestoga College-2year PGD in Construction Management
10year experience in construction field as engineer
Education-BE Aeronautical Engineering2011
currently working in UAE, how can i show strong tie with home country and UAE. My spouse and kid not accompanying with me and i dont have have any land or vehicles in my name but parents and husband have home and vehicle..please help me to get the visa this time.
What are the documents i can show to substantiate
1)will leave the country end of my studies
2)Previous Experience is inconsistent with current educational goal
3)Not a bona fide student in canada
These are points they mentioned in the GCMS report