Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
But I am a daughter:) And he does have a sister (also not interested), as well as a mother. I don't get the logic behind this, honestly... Is there any other way?
There are already programs in place to sponsor spouses, dependent children, and parents/grandparents. The "other" relative section (so siblings, older children, etc), is only for those that don't have family in Canada and don't have anyone to sponsor in these already existing programs.

kokokokokoko

May 10, 2016
Too bad. In that case you'll need to qualify and apply for PR independently. I would recommend reading up on the Express Entry program to start: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp
What does skilled exactly mean? I mean, I will have a bachelor degree from computer science soon and I work in IT for the last few years, but I am not sure that qualifies at all.

There are already programs in place to sponsor spouses, dependent children, and parents/grandparents. The "other" relative section (so siblings, older children, etc), is only for those that don't have family in Canada and don't have anyone to sponsor in these already existing programs.
Ok, I think I understand better now, thanks. One more question, a weird one, does he have to acknowledge a living mother? Couldn't he like lie?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
What does skilled exactly mean? I mean, I will have a bachelor degree from computer science soon and I work in IT for the last few years, but I am not sure that qualifies at all.

Ok, I think I understand better now, thanks. One more question, a weird one, does he have to acknowledge a living mother? Couldn't he like lie?
Couldn't he like lie?

Seriously????

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That's immigration fraud and a crime. CIC will find out during background/security checks. Then your application will be refused and you'll be banned from Canada for 5 years as a penalty.

If you're looking for advice on lying in your application and committing fraud - you're on the wrong forum.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
That's immigration fraud and a crime. CIC will find out during background/security checks. Then your application will be refused and you'll be banned from Canada for 5 years as a penalty.

If you're looking for advice on lying in your application and committing fraud - you're on the wrong forum.
Not only that, CIC will likely want to see certificate of death of the mother to confirm that the mother is, in fact, dead, to verify that father is qualified to apply under "lonely Canadian" clause.

Reactions: monkeys89

Sors84

Feb 9, 2018
Hello There,

I'm hoping someone can help me out to give me an information regarding to lonely Canadian rule if thats really exist since I just heard it from a friend.
I'm alone here in Canada no other families or relatives anywhere am I able to apply the lonely Canadian rule? I would like to sponsor my brother to come and if so but how? I don't see any link from cic website about this rule. Please anyone... Thanks :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Hello There,

I'm hoping someone can help me out to give me an information regarding to lonely Canadian rule if thats really exist since I just heard it from a friend.
I'm alone here in Canada no other families or relatives anywhere am I able to apply the lonely Canadian rule? I would like to sponsor my brother to come and if so but how? I don't see any link from cic website about this rule. Please anyone... Thanks :)
1. If your parents or grandparents are still alive, you can't sponsor your brother.
2. Otherwise see: http://tinyurl.com/y9xs8rmp

Option 2: other relative
You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age if you meet all of the conditions, including:

• you don't have a living relative you could sponsor instead, such as a:
    • spouse
    • common-law partner
    • conjugal partner
    • son or daughter
    • parent
    • grandparent
    • brother or sister
    • uncle or aunt
    • nephew or niece
  • you don’t have any of the above-named relatives who is:
    • a Canadian citizen
    • a permanent resident
    • registered Indian under the Indian Act
If the relative you want to sponsor has a spouse, partner, or dependent children who will come with them to Canada you must include them on the same sponsorship application.

Sors84

Feb 9, 2018
Thank you for the quick reponse. Yes my parents are still alive. Do I have to meet the income requirements to be eligible to sponsor my brother as other relative? As a single person how much do I need to be able to sponsor him.
I am a bit confused too why I can't sponsor my brother as lonely Canadian rule while my parents are still alive? They are not here living in Canada.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thank you for the quick reponse. Yes my parents are still alive. Do I have to meet the income requirements to be eligible to sponsor my brother as other relative? As a single person how much do I need to be able to sponsor him.
I am a bit confused too why I can't sponsor my brother as lonely Canadian rule while my parents are still alive? They are not here living in Canada.
Your parents are still alive, so you do NOT qualify to sponsor an "other' relative.

There is already an existing Parents sponsorship program so it takes precedent and that is what you're expected to use. Whether they want to come to Canada or not is irrelevant. The lonely Canadian rule is only meant to be used when there are zero other options to sponsor a family member.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Because, whether your parents want to immigrate or not, the option is always there. They may not want to this year, but they/you might change your mind next year. And there is nothing to stop that from happening.

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Kindly clarify if a sibling over 18 would qualify in the other relative group for a lonely person