+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London Visa Office

Robertson14

Dec 7, 2009
My son is due to travel from Scotland to Canada on 7th January 2010 to take up his place on a university exchange program.
We only received the university letter of confirmation on 24th November 2009, but have (Royal Mail) confirmation that his documents were received at the London visa office on 26th November. We could not have made the submission any faster. According to the CIC website, the London Visa office has a poor processing record compared to the other Canadian visa offices in Europe. Assuming that the average processing time is 6 weeks, this takes things right to the wire...before we factor in the Christmas and New Year holidays! I am anxious that the study permit will not be processed in time. Is there anything that can be done to speed things up?
Thank you.

badboy

Jul 14, 2009
sorry robertson there is nothing you can do.but am sure they will put it into consideration that he will soon resume so they will deal with his issue quickly.Although he might get it a week or 2 weeks before his resumption at latest or even before christmass i hope .Just be positive mate.If u dont recieve a response before the new year u can mail them

dony h

Nov 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your son can simply take a plane without even bother to apply for a study permit if the program is less than six months. Welcome to Canada on your son's success in his participation in a very fine exchange program!

badboy

Jul 14, 2009
You are right,but he cant travel without his passport.he could have travelled to canada and then applied from there.
but makes no difference he will get his visa very soon.

dony h

Nov 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since his son is a British subject he is to travel with a Brtish passport. Don't tell me you were suggesting a Brit to travel with a Canadian passport!

badboy

Jul 14, 2009
obviously not,dats not logical is it ? i am assuming his passport is still with cic london.

dony h

Nov 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Robertson14 said:
Study permit email received....so relieved!
Apparently, Robertson's son is coming to Canada on a student exchange program which lasts more than six months.