+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London success/reject stories or in process/planning to apply post here

adee1

Feb 27, 2012
maxi.khan said:
Hi Adee n 123 AB, I found ur chat really helpful and interested as I am doing an ACCA fianlist and will complete it in AUGUST INSHALLAH, moreover I'll receive my BSc degree in late September. I am on student here in London, Uk n I am Pakistani passport holder. I want to apply to Canada for further studies but I heard and have seen many cases here from London which has been rejected simply because they are not applying from their home country.
Please tell me is it true? Or will their is any chance to get canadian student visa by applying from London?
Hi Maxi

1) To apply from London CHC you must have got legal 6 months valid UK visa.
2) You have to elaborate why you are not applying from your country of citizenship.
3) I will advice you to get admission first in a university in an advance or atleast equal level course of study that you have previously studied.
4) You have to show very strong ties(Family,Property,Job offer, affiliation with any social organisation etc) in your country of citizenship that convince the VO that you will leave Canada at the end of your studies.
5) Offcourse it is bit hard to get visa from CHC London for those who are not permanent resident of UK but not impossible.I have seen cases of people who have got the visa from CHC London mostly for a university degree.

maxi.khan

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Thanks a lot Mr. Adee for ur reply, i just want to clarify ur point as u mentioned i should first get admission in equal level course in the canadian university, so by equal level you mean as if i got my Bachelor's degree result so i should get admission in Master's Degree in the same field in canadian university??

I want to study MSc in Finance and Accounting but couldn't find the exact program that matches my interest but my 2nd priority is to do MBA as its related to my field as well.

Moreover i really can't afford big universities, so can i get admission in colleges for graduate level diploma and certificates?
Please reply. Thanks

mm_bb

Jul 17, 2012
Hey has anyone got good news about the visa? I sent my application via post...do they send any receipt or file numbers back? I haven't got anything till now...can't sleep every night. My course starts on 6th of September...

meenum

May 25, 2012
Hello,
I have a query about bank statement.If someone is applying from UK for a Canadian student visa with a different nationality ie Pakistani is it necessary to show funds in UK?or will Pakistani bank statements be sufficient as well?
I am a bit worried as i have read this on CIC website.

" What is acceptable evidence of funds in support of my study permit application?
Proof of funds can be in the form of your bank statements or your parents’ bank statements accompanied by a letter from your parent(s) confirming that they will be financially responsible for you. All funds must be in an account in Canada or in the country of your current residence. Funds located in off-shore accounts are not acceptable as proof of funds. General letters of reference from banks are not sufficient. For more details, refer to the CIC page on Proof of Financial Support. "

krish1616

Oct 15, 2012
hey,

did u joined humber??? how is it??? iam planning to join next year??? the reviews are really so bad for other courses... how abt RA in humber?? pls suggest???

many thanks
krish (INDIA)