+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO timeline

onting

Apr 7, 2009
Hi mermaid my job is also under skill level B NOC 7245/7246 Telecom worker. So don't worry about your skill level which is still categorized as skilled.

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
Hey guys,

have you heard anything new on your lmo's?
I am still waiting and read a very interesting presentation that was given by one of the major law firms in Toronto last Friday at a labour law conference. (my HR colleague gave me the binder for reading)

They updated HR people about news regarding foreign workers.
And one part was on the lmo. They are saying that

- lmos are given only very reluctantly by HRSDC since the beginning of the year due to the economical downturn.
- if an lmo returns negative there is no appeal process or as it was before the "negotiation" of an lmo with the HRSDC officer anymore
- from now on applications have to be filed again and the paperwork has to be done again; this means that even the job has to be offered again online for 2 weeks and the employer has to prove AGAIN that no suitable Canadians are applying.
- if a company wants to keep a TFW who has been in Canada for a while they recommend that companies are supporting their TFWs with their PR application.

Otherwise the employer has to apply for a LMO every year again (including posting the position etc) in order to renew the TFWs work permit.

thats quite upsetting... but unfortunately it seems to be true...

well lets keep crossing fingers and hope for good news for all of us soon!

good night
Brigit

babycakes

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
ankit0uc,

I am sorry to hear that. Which Service Canada office did you apply and how many weeks did you have to wait for the refusal?

minnata

May 8, 2009
LMO timeline in BC

Hi there,

Does anyone have any idea time line for LMO approval in BC? I have less than two months to apply my work permit. I'm not sure if I would have enough time to meet up with deadline. After I got LMO approval, I still have to apply work permit to Vegreville office. Any suggestion senior experts?

Minnata

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
Hi Minnata,
no I am sorry - I dont know much about BC and the current timelines.
But you can apply for the LMO and the work permit at the same time.
They call that concurrent processing I believe.
That's how you can cut down the time a little and also get "implied status".
Good luck!
Brigit

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
http://www.trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/359468927/lmo-timeline-in-bc

Here is another post on BC timeline for LMO... maybe you want to try it.

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
Hi Ankit,
I am sorry to hear it. When did you apply and where exactly (city)?
What are your plans B & C?
I believe I saw your name also in regards to the Ontario PNP? Is that right?
Cheers
Brigit

ankit0uc said:
Just add to this.

My LMO Application was refused for position of Civil Engineer. My Prospective employer has decided to readvertise the position. I have Masters from a top Canadaian university and extensive international experience.
Since I have plan B and C in place it has not affected me.

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
Hi all - I just wanted to update you on the latest news:

I talked to our lawyer today and he told me that TODAY he received positive LMO's for cases sent to HRSDC Toronto, ON on March 27th and April 1st, 2009.

He is expecting to hear about my LMO sent in on April 1, 2009 this week.

I hope he's right and we all hear soon from HRSDC!

Good luck everyone!
Brigit

babycakes

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
My employer was able to speak to someone from Service Canada just awhile ago. She was asked to submit a lot of documents like proof of job postings, etc. The officer said that she just got our application yesterday and she needs two more weeks to give the decision. So we will be getting the result on the last week of June.

babycakes

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hi guys!

I just want to let you know that my LMO has been approved. I think it was approved yesterday or the other day. The officer told my employer that they mailed the letter today, we should be able to receive it next week.

I waited for almost 11 weeks for this!

THANK GOD!

B,

I am sure we will be able to get your positive LMO next week!

YAY!!!!!!!

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
YAY!!!!

I am so happy for you Karen! That's great news and you deserve it so much!
Soon you will be reunited with your loved ones and life will be good!!!
Only one more month for the Work Permit and your "vacation" will be over!
You better start enjoying the summer now ... :eek:)

talk to you soon
take care
Brigit

babycakes

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Thanks, B!

Really, thank you for the support...

Don't worry, I can feel that you will receive your positive LMO this coming week..

I'll pray for it...

I'll see you next week!