+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Statistics - Processing times and phases?

Flames#1

Sep 14, 2010
Hi folks,

Long time listener, first time caller....

I have been trawling t'internet for statistics on LMO. I currently live in Calgary and have a valid WP with one company and have received an offer from another. Can anybody direct me to information on how long the LMO generally takes, what the steps of the process are, what cuses the LMO to take 10 weeks rather than 4 etc...

I hear it takes 20 working days, is this correct?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If nobody replies directly I would skim through some of these posts. I remember seeing this information recently but don't remember exactly where. Maybe it was this thread (sorry I don't have time to read thru the entire thread at the moment):

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/expiration-of-work-permit-t50922.0.html

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Flames#1 said:
Hi folks,

Long time listener, first time caller....

I have been trawling t'internet for statistics on LMO. I currently live in Calgary and have a valid WP with one company and have received an offer from another. Can anybody direct me to information on how long the LMO generally takes, what the steps of the process are, what cuses the LMO to take 10 weeks rather than 4 etc...

I hear it takes 20 working days, is this correct?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Applying for a a work permit for a new employer average processing time is 20 days as per CIC website. The prospective employer has to advertise with the National job bank for at least 14 days prior to sending application for LMO to HRSDC. S/he must also send a summary of the recruitment efforts together with the application for LMO. Your prospective employer can actually follow up from Service Canada as to the status of the LMO application.

Usually 4-6 weeks is the average processing time (some got LMO even earlier). One member posted a longer LMO application processing time though, but that was after an earlier refusal (processed in 5 weeks) because the employer was not giving the prevalent salary.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/lmo-approval-t50072.0.html;msg381758#msg381758

So his positive LMO he got after 10 weeks; your LMO probably is on its way too.

cjld

Sep 16, 2010
It took about 2 weeks for me (I am employing a live-in caregiver). This was back in May. I think it would have taken less time, if we hadn't made a mistake. We used an outdated employment contract and had to re-send it in (we are in Toronto).