+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Rejected - HELP Please!!

Jose Andres

Jun 7, 2011
Hello Everyone!

I submitted LMO on June, which was rejected and officer notified us on Aug 15. My boss talked directly to service Canada officer in Toronto on Aug 18, who told us to resubmit my application again as a new one with all the back up (job bank posting ad), they will give send an answer in 14 days.

Here is my question. my current visa expires on sept 2nd. what about if i don't get any answer before the expire date?, what will be my status in Canada?.
I know if i get positive LMO before my visa expire I can submit my WP application before sept 2nd to get the implied status and continues living and working legally in Canada..

What about if If I get negative LMO before my visa expire? do i have to leave the country?

Please help with your advices.

Thank you very much!

Jose

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
Hi what is the reason for the rejection? minor reason?
i would say, why dont you apply for work permit without LMO and then as soon as you get PLMO, send it to Visa office. if you are not sure to get PLMO, you can apply for visitor visa at the same time just for backup plan. even you didnt apply for anything and out of status, you have 90 days for restoration, but you have to pay for a couple of hundred dollars. visitor visa cost extra $75. anyways, you can think and do ahead. hope you have a PLMO before expire.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Pouce said:
Hi what is the reason for the rejection? minor reason?
i would say, why dont you apply for work permit without LMO and then as soon as you get PLMO, send it to Visa office. if you are not sure to get PLMO, you can apply for visitor visa at the same time just for backup plan. even you didnt apply for anything and out of status, you have 90 days for restoration, but you have to pay for a couple of hundred dollars. visitor visa cost extra $75. anyways, you can think and do ahead. hope you have a PLMO before expire.
You can submit an application to Vegreville for new WP within 2 weeks of expiring of current WP given that an application for LMO was sent.

I honestly find it weird that they deny you cz if i recall correctly you were PGWP holder.

Jose Andres

Jun 7, 2011
Thank you ae03yy

Well this was the issue. My WP is not a PGWP because the paper itself doesn't mention it. I don't understand why it doesn't say it, and I didn't know it should say.

I checked my classmate's and their WP says on remarks: Post graduate work permit :eek:.. well that is what happened. Officer asked my boss to submit everything again with the job bank posting as back up..

Now if I submit my WP application within this week (I want to do it online), how can I submit the LMO later if it is positive?. the other question I have is that if I submit my wp application before my current visa will I get implied status right? I can continues working legally right?

Jose Andres

Jun 7, 2011
Jose Andres said:
Thank you ae03yy

Well this was the issue. My WP is not a PGWP because the paper itself doesn't mention it. I don't understand why it doesn't say it, and I didn't know it should say.

I checked my classmate's and their WP says on remarks: Post graduate work permit :eek:.. well that is what happened. Officer asked my boss to submit everything again with the job bank posting as back up..

Now if I submit my WP application within this week (I want to do it online), how can I submit the LMO later if it is positive?. the other question I have is that if I submit my wp application before my current visa will I get implied status right? I can continues working legally right?

Please give me some advice on the above.. thank you guys

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
Hi if I were u, I would phone VO. Did u get ur work permit from Vegreville AB?
Ask why urs is no PGWP. they can find out something. keep complaining to vise officer.
show them the truth.

Jose Andres

Jun 7, 2011
Hello

I went to Canadian Embassy in Buffalo to get my PGWP the same day.
I presented my graduation notice and all supporting docs at the embassy + fee, then I got a letter to present at any port entry of Canada (I did it at fort erie).

I called CIC the other day, and officer told me that PGWP are only given to those who apply within Canada - she said I cannot get a PGWP if apply outside. i did this last year. I know other classmates did the same at buffalo and they got their paper (WP) saying PGWP.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can call CIC and let them know that you received the positive LMO.

Jose Andres said: