+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO is still in process, visa is expiring in 3 weeks, what to do with my status

melisaba2002

Aug 16, 2012
My husbands company is trying to get LMO but that is their first time, so it is slow bc his company already few times missed to complete all requirements for LMO application. I hope that they will get finally all application completed and that we will get positive opinion.

Now, our working holiday visa is expiring in 3,5 weeks. Should I apply for new work permit only with file number and wait or something else? Pls any advice is welcome. Thanks

Best regards

judylopez

Aug 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should apply for the Work Permit to preserve your status in Canada but you will be refused without an LMO.

If you are refused you will need to restore status. Its too bad that you only have 3.5 weeks left. Coz it takes about 2months for LMO after its applied for.

Maybe you should get an attorney to help you? Probably worth the money spent for your peace of mind and I think your husband's company will be relieved too.

melisaba2002

Aug 16, 2012
Thank you for reply. I know, it is too bad, they started to work on his application in Feb and still not completed :/ and LMO process it will take at least 2 months..
Can you suggest me a good attorney please?
Thanks