+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO in process and restoring status

lastomato

Oct 16, 2012
Hi all,

My work permit and visa expired at the end of last Nov and my company filed the application of LMO and work permit for me right before that. I have not heard any news from Service Canada, my question is, do I need to restore my status at the end of this month (which is 3 months after my work permit and visa expired)?

Thank you!
Jay

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
lastomato said:
Hi all,

My work permit and visa expired at the end of last Nov and my company filed the application of LMO and work permit for me right before that. I have not heard any news from Service Canada, my question is, do I need to restore my status at the end of this month (which is 3 months after my work permit and visa expired)?

Thank you!
Jay
I suggest you call CIC and ask,I would assume because you sent an application for WP before your old one expired you'd have implied status but am not sure!

lastomato

Oct 16, 2012
Mrembo said:
I suggest you call CIC and ask,I would assume because you sent an application for WP before your old one expired you'd have implied status but am not sure!
Hi thank you, I'll call them later and put the feedback here in case someone comes into this situation too.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Did your company receive a positive LMO for you?
Did you apply for a new work permit(including the LMO) before the old one expired?

If yes to both questions, then you have implied status and can continue working and stay in Canada until a decision is made.

If you do not have the LMO(yet) and have not applied for a new work permit(before old one expired), you do not have implied status and must stop working. In that case you have 90 days since your permit expired to apply for restoration.

Call CIC and confirm.

lastomato said:
Hi all,

Thank you!
Jay

lastomato

Oct 16, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
Did your company receive a positive LMO for you?
Did you apply for a new work permit(including the LMO) before the old one expired?

If yes to both questions, then you have implied status and can continue working and stay in Canada until a decision is made.

If you do not have the LMO(yet) and have not applied for a new work permit(before old one expired), you do not have implied status and must stop working. In that case you have 90 days since your permit expired to apply for restoration.

Call CIC and confirm.
The answer to the first question is no, while to the second is yes.

My company hired a lawyer to deal with the applications. The lawyer filed the parallel application for the new work permit and LMO at the same time before my old work permit expired.

The lawyer confirmed that I'm in implied status and don't need to restore my status.

Thanks anyway!

PJR3055

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Hello,

what are you upto, were you able to restore your status. im into same situation i need to restore my status as i dint get LMo yet.