+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO for international student

may_1986

Aug 16, 2012
Jitu1011 said:
Hi Swapnil!

First of all congratulations that you have a Job and the best of all employer is ready to file LMO.

I HAD A SIMILAR SITUATION LIKE YOU ONE YEAR BACK. I RECEIVED MY LMO AND 3 YEARS WORK PERMIT NOW.

I would like to suggest you to take some precautions while planning your years ahead, the most important thing in your profile is your job title i.e NOC Code. So wherever you work or receive any kind of help always remember that you should have job title and duties which should match from any code of NOC A B or O list.
Secondly don't wait for PGWP to expire because for us every second counts and in this country we cant believe anyone for any kind of support or help, always remember we are temporary residents and citizens need us for help them in their purpose, once it is solved you are gone. Keep contacts with every employer and be useful to your existing, get your LMO done as soon as you join in your PGWP because LMO take 2-3months time and if it get rejected for some reason you will run out of time.

Do share your job title, I will try to guide you best on paper work and strategy to follow to be in proper status till you get PR.

Jitu

Hi Jitu,

Can you please provide me with your email id. My employer is ready to apply for my LMO so I might need assistance

Thanks

judylopez

Aug 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have three months to apply for your PGWP.

You should get a one year work permit if the course is labelled as "1-year program".

Good luck! :)

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
judylopez said:
You have three months to apply for your PGWP.

You should get a one year work permit if the course is labelled as "1-year program".

Good luck! :)
Work permit depends on LMO and LMO are issued based on offer of employement/Employment letter. I have obtained 3yrs work permit and all my mates who filed it based on extended job offer or permanent offer get minimum 2years.

Often Layers and consultants file it for 1yr so that they can get fees again from your for getting it extended.

memoona80

Apr 23, 2018
Hi everyone,
I just have landed in quebec on student visa. but due to some family issues i cant continue my studies and want to change my study permit into work permit. my friend owns a company in toronto and ready to offer a job under LMO. is it legal to go for LMO after studying for one semester only?