+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA

karooma

May 24, 2009
Can someone please help clarify this issue for me please.

My Employer has applied for an LMIA in February which was returned/rejected 7 weeks later for a very trivial error on the form.

My question is:

In the rejection letter, would IRCC clarify if a new application is warranted or that amending the same application form would suffice? as my employer informed me that they do not know how to proceed and have to seek clarification from IRCC on this matter.

Secondly is it customary in Canada for an employer to only give a verbal job offer rather than a written one, hoping that they would provide me with the job offer at a later stage, when they have a positive LMIA?

Thanks in advance,

A

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Can someone please help clarify this issue for me please.

My Employer has applied for an LMIA in February which was returned/rejected 7 weeks later for a very trivial error on the form.

My question is:

In the rejection letter, would IRCC clarify if a new application is warranted or that amending the same application form would suffice? as my employer informed me that they do not know how to proceed and have to seek clarification from IRCC on this matter.

Secondly is it customary in Canada for an employer to only give a verbal job offer rather than a written one, hoping that they would provide me with the job offer at a later stage, when they have a positive LMIA?

Thanks in advance,

A
1. Well the LMIA has nothing to do with CIC. He should be contacting EDSC which was the department that rejected the LMIA. S/he will have to re-apply.
2. Not unusual for a verbal job offer.

karooma

May 24, 2009
Hi

1. Well the LMIA has nothing to do with CIC. He should be contacting EDSC which was the department that rejected the LMIA. S/he will have to re-apply.
2. Not unusual for a verbal job offer.
Thank you very much

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Disagree that for an international job offer a contract is usually expected. Perhaps employers wait until LMIA approval.