+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA !!!!

sunitha1689

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Am an employee under the noc 2283 - software tester. My employer is ready to help me for LMIA process. My wage is 26.44 per hour with 30 hours of work. 26.44 is the exact median wage for this noc in Ontario.

My question is
1. What is the feasibility in me getting positive LMIA
2. Which category will I fall in ?? Like low wage positions and high wage position ??
3. Has anyone with same noc got positive LMIA??
4.Am I good to proceed ??
5. What will be the time frame ?? To get permanent resident ??

Please help

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
sunitha1689 said:
Hi All,

Am an employee under the noc 2283 - software tester. My employer is ready to help me for LMIA process. My wage is 26.44 per hour with 30 hours of work. 26.44 is the exact median wage for this noc in Ontario.

My question is
1. What is the feasibility in me getting positive LMIA
2. Which category will I fall in ?? Like low wage positions and high wage position ??
3. Has anyone with same noc got positive LMIA??
4.Am I good to proceed ??
5. What will be the time frame ?? To get permanent resident ??

Please help
I don't want to give you any positive hopes because approval of LMIA in Ontario in NOC B jobs is very low. I'm saying based on the LMIA stats posted by CIC on open.canada.gc.ca. website. I will update this thread tomorrow morning with the link.

In all 4 quarters of year 2015, there were less than 100 LMIAs given to NOC B. The only province I saw big number in NOC B was Alberta. I don't know the exact reason for low approval rate in Ontario.

But if you have more than 1 year on your work permit then I would suggest you file a LMIA.

sunitha1689

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hii

Why should I have more than a year in work permit to apply for LMIA??

Neilp

Sep 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunitha1689 said:
Hii

Why should I have more than a year in work permit to apply for LMIA??
A typical LMIA application can take up to 6 month to process.

Since the PNP application for Ontario is currently closed there are no LMIA exemption to my knowledge.

This is why is good to have more than a year on your work permit.

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
The reason being, typically processing time is around 3-4 months for LMIA. And if you rejected for LMIA, then you still have 8-9 months to figure out other ways.

This is my suggestion, not a requirement for LMIA.

sunitha1689

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okayy I get it. Now am worried if I should start this process or not. It involves lotta money. Hard earned money :-(

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
Try going through the excel sheet, it's pretty clear.

sunitha1689

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got it.i can see more numbers in noc B category.so am I good to go ??

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
sunitha1689 said:
Okayy I get it. Now am worried if I should start this process or not. It involves lotta money. Hard earned money :-(
The employer pays for the LMIA process not the future employee.

psingh15

Oct 19, 2017
Hi Guys ,

Does anyone have knowledge on LMIA for PR. Actually My uncle is on PR in Canada and he is a Contractor there in IT field. So he has a Company registered on his name and he can hire me..you know make an offer letter and pay me salary as well to prove genuinity..
I have less score and of course 50 points will really help me but we have no idea how to go about it .I have just researched that there is something called LMIA to support PR.
Can anyone suggest me if this is even doable ? what I am thinking as people normally say its hard to get LMIA and it involves a lot of money ..

Please help researched a lot ..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The LMIA process is long and involved. If you want 50 points for a job offer - your uncle will need to obtain an approved LMIA. To obtain an approved LMIA, your uncle has to start by advertising the job for at least a month to prove no Canadian could be found for the role. When he advertises, he will need to make sure that he meets the LMIA advertising requirements (including advertising on job bank and two other locations). It's quite likely it will cost him money to advertise the role. Once the job had been advertising for a month, he will need to apply for the LMIA. Processing of the LMIA often takes 2-4 months - with no guarantee of approval. If your uncle should have been able to easily find a Canadian to fill the job - you can expect the LMIA to be refused. Generally speaking, it tends to be difficult to get LMIAs approved for IT jobs since there are many Canadians with the required experience and qualifications. However your uncle can certainly try. More info on the LMIA process here: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/median-wage/high/requirements.html