+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I sent my application and CIC received it on October 23, 2014, so it came back to me. :( Now, I am planning to apply under Express Entry under CEC.

I am working from more than one year in an Accounting firm and i am not sure how LMIA will work? I already have a job, do i still need LMIA? if yes, then Do my employer needs to post an ad on job bank. Once he will post ad on job bank, how i can apply for that because there will be many Canadian students too who want to apply for accounting jobs?

Please suggest how it will work?

Thanks.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yep you'd still need an LMIA.
they need to advertise for 4 weeks on three advertising platforms. the adverts need to remain up throughout the entire process. one of the adverts needs to be on job bank. they need to interview and try to get Canadians to fill the role. only if they can prove that they couldn't find a Canadian to do it, can they apply for an LMIA.

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
they need to advertise for 4 weeks on three advertising platforms. the adverts need to remain up throughout the entire process. one of the adverts needs to be on job bank. they need to interview and try to get Canadians to fill the role. only if they can prove that they couldn't find a Canadian to do it, can they apply for an LMIA.
But then it's not possible that he will get Canadian employees for this job? what should i do now?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply without LMIA? go for provincial nomination? Depends on your situation.

Drzues

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
Canceled
purplesnow said:
Was it (advertising) a part of LMO as well or something new? As per i remember it was same in lmo, i could be mistaken?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LMO was replaced with LMIA. the procedures are probably the same. I never looked into LMO's though so I'm not completely sure what they involved.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lmia is harder it seems.
their website now suggests that if an employee doesnt get anyone. They must bump up salary expectations, offer more benefits etc.
With an entry level job. It's very hard to get it. Even you're a nuclear physicist. Lolzzz

Drzues

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
Canceled
purplesnow said:
LMO was replaced with LMIA. the procedures are probably the same. I never looked into LMO's though so I'm not completely sure what they involved.

Ii understand, I asked coz my employer will be applying for LMIA in a week or so...should I be worried that he might face a problem or two and might refuse to do it for me?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LMIA's are difficult to get and involve a LOT of work by the employer so a lot of them don't want to do it. you can only try though, see what they say.

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
LMIA's are difficult to get and involve a LOT of work by the employer so a lot of them don't want to do it. you can only try though, see what they say.
Now, this is really annoying that even if i have permanent job here but still i cannot for LMIA because there will be other students who are looking for the job. It will be difficult for my employer to prove why he is hiring me while he can get employees from here too?

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
Dreams123 said:
Now, this is really annoying that even if i have permanent job here but still i cannot for LMIA because there will be other students who are looking for the job. It will be difficult for my employer to prove why he is hiring me while he can get employees from here too?
Unfortunately that is the nature of things right now.

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doubleym said:
Unfortunately that is the nature of things right now.
I just came across this page:
http://www.cicnews.com/2014/12/express-entry-124159.html

where it states that"
One of the main differences between the Express Entry system, compared with current and previous Canadian immigration systems, is that Canadian employers will play a greater role in the process. Under Express Entry, Canadian employers are scheduled to be able to identify candidates in the Express Entry pool and submit job offers to them. In communications throughout this year, CIC has likened the role of Express Entry in connecting skilled candidates with Canadian employers as ‘matchmaking'.

It has recently been confirmed, however, that the job matching facility in Express Entry is highly unlikely to be fully operational when the system launches on January 1, 2015. For candidates who don't have a job offer, this may serve as an incentive to prepare an application early. Moreover, candidates can join the CanadaVisa portal, where they can promote themselves and connect with employers.

I am still not sure whether it will help us or not :(