+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lmia support for Pr

Minh Ho

Feb 13, 2022
Hi there,
Anyone is this forum had experience about this situation can give me some advice. Here is my situation:
My employer will help me to get lmia to support for my PR. However, the company just laid- off some employees, do you this situation will affect my lmia? My consultant will submit my application soon. I really worry about this situation

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi there,
Anyone is this forum had experience about this situation can give me some advice. Here is my situation:
My employer will help me to get lmia to support for my PR. However, the company just laid- off some employees, do you this situation will affect my lmia? My consultant will submit my application soon. I really worry about this situation
Yes it could . It wouldn’t make sense to approve a LMIA at a company that has just laid off employees .
Is the position you’re trying to get a LMIA for , a position someone has been laid off from ?
The ESDC the department that gives a positive or negative LMIA, also processes claims for individuals laid off

Minh Ho

Feb 13, 2022
Yes it could . It wouldn’t make sense to approve a LMIA at a company that has just laid off employees .
Is the position you’re trying to get a LMIA for , a position someone has been laid off from ?
The ESDC the department that gives a positive or negative LMIA, also processes claims for individuals laid off
Thank you. So do you have any idea to help me solve this problem? The consultant needs to explain about this situation. Because that employees are not productive.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. So do you have any idea to help me solve this problem? The consultant needs to explain about this situation. Because that employees are not productive.
Are you working in Canada now or outside Canada? The employer has to prove that no Canadian or PR can be hired. They need to show that the job was posted and no one qualified applied.

Reactions: Minh Ho

Minh Ho

Feb 13, 2022
Yes i am working in canada now. My consultant already filled out the form. And now
Are you working in Canada now or outside Canada? The employer has to prove that no Canadian or PR can be hired. They need to show that the job was posted and no one qualified applied.
Respect! thanks for your reply
I am working in Canada now. My consultant is about submitting application soon. She prepared everything, but the company just laid off other employees recently as those guys are not working properly. And i guess she needs to change something on the form. I really worry whether this situation will affect my lmia application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes i am working in canada now. My consultant already filled out the form. And now

Respect! thanks for your reply
I am working in Canada now. My consultant is about submitting application soon. She prepared everything, but the company just laid off other employees recently as those guys are not working properly. And i guess she needs to change something on the form. I really worry whether this situation will affect my lmia application.
There is a big difference between laid off and fired. The employer is firing employees. Laying off is when the employer can no longer afford to keep on employees. So it seems your employer can hire within Canada but then fires them for not doing a good job. Maybe your employer has poor training practices or working conditions which will be considered in approval of a LMIA.

Minh Ho

Feb 13, 2022
There is a big difference between laid off and fired. The employer is firing employees. Laying off is when the employer can no longer afford to keep on employees. So it seems your employer can hire within Canada but then fires them for not doing a good job. Maybe your employer has poor training practices or working conditions which will be considered in approval of a LMIA.
Thanks man, I really worry about this situation.