LMIA Status Updates

AliKhan610

May 15, 2024
Qatar
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,

I am currently navigating the LMIA process and am looking to connect with others who are also undergoing or have recently completed this journey. I’m interested in joining a thread or WhatsApp group where members share updates and discuss their LMIA status.

If anyone is aware of such a WhatsApp group or if there are members here who would like to start one, please let me know.

Alternatively, if you have any tips on where I could find such groups, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Thank you very much for your help!

80457Fu11Y

May 5, 2024
Hello Everyone,

I am currently navigating the LMIA process and am looking to connect with others who are also undergoing or have recently completed this journey. I’m interested in joining a thread or WhatsApp group where members share updates and discuss their LMIA status.

If anyone is aware of such a WhatsApp group or if there are members here who would like to start one, please let me know.

Alternatively, if you have any tips on where I could find such groups, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

I'm currently waiting for a LMIA. I'd love to join a group about it.

harlyon22

Apr 17, 2021
Hello Everyone,

i am also waiting for the outcome of LMIA as well

LMIA for permanent residency submitted on the 8th of January

Last edited:

AliKhan610

May 15, 2024
Qatar
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
For me, still no updates. The LMIA is still under process. It was submitted on 22nd March and was expected to be released in first week of June. Now the wait times are shown as 88 working days.

80457Fu11Y

May 5, 2024
For me, still no updates. The LMIA is still under process. It was submitted on 22nd March and was expected to be released in first week of June. Now the wait times are shown as 88 working days.
Which LMIA stream and province your employer applied?

Rufai Aludiba

Jun 5, 2024
Dear friends,
I am 49 years old, hold Masters degree in Horticulture/Agriculture with over 11 years' experience in my field of qualification. Also am from Ghana.

If I wish to migrate to Canada, what is the best options or pathway for me apart from schooling. Pls kindly help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear friends,
I am 49 years old, hold Masters degree in Horticulture/Agriculture with over 11 years' experience in my field of qualification. Also am from Ghana.

If I wish to migrate to Canada, what is the best options or pathway for me apart from schooling. Pls kindly help.
At 49, your options are very limited because you don’t get points for age. Study permit will be difficult to be approved due to age unless taking a PhD. Even then very difficult because it could take 5 years and you would be graduating in your mid 50s.

Only way is to secure a job offer in your field.

Rufai Aludiba

Jun 5, 2024
I appreciate your suggestion. Please how to i go about job especially am outside of canada. Should I contact job bank or farms direct. Kindly help your brother. Thanks

Rufai Aludiba

Jun 5, 2024
Yes, I have a wife and 3 children. I didnt want to apply with them. Me alone for now. Is it a good decision?

Pls lets say after i secure a job, what is next?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, I have a wife and 3 children. I didnt want to apply with them. Me alone for now. Is it a good decision?

Pls lets say after i secure a job, what is next?
How old are your children? If you secure a job then your employer pays $1k and files for a LMIA. The LMIA proves that no Canadian or PR has your skills and education. Then you can apply for a closed work permit. Get ECA for your Masters.

Rufai Aludiba

Jun 5, 2024
Children 17, 14 and 11 years.

I wish i could chart with you privately. I really appreciate your deep understanding of the issues.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Why Canada at almost 50? I wanted a pathway to PR so that my children can stay, study and work in Canada. Pls fell free to suggest or say if it is not worthy it.
PR at 50 is very difficult. Immigration is focused on young people so they settle in Canada and have families. Not for people in their 50s who are close to retirement. Focus on farm supervisor jobs, get ECA and take IELTS too.

Government is tightening immigration rules so you need to be highly skilled (healthcare, trades etc), young, bilingual etc.

For PR, you need money to support transition so probably around $30k for family of 5 not including application fees, medicals, biometrics, airfare etc. Canada is in a housing crisis so have a lot of cash to rent or buy a home.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rufai Aludiba