App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
28-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
LANDED..........
25-05-2017
Hi there, I'm applying for LMIA under "FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER PROGRAM" to support my permanent residency. The application form number is EMP5593 which can be found on "http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/fi-if/index.jsp?app=prfl&frm=emp5593&lang=eng". The clarification I need is for the first question they ask which is:

Are you applying for an LMIA to support a foreign national's:

1: - Permanent resident visa application (this means you will hire the foreign national only after their immigration application is processed and the permanent resident visa is issued). This option does not have a processing fee.

2: - Work permit application and permanent resident visa application (this means you will hire the foreign national as a temporary foreign worker before or while their permanent residence application being processed). This option requires paying a processing fee.

There are two choices; I'm confused which one should I choose. I believe the second one applies to me. Please help.

Thanks

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
g_singh76 said:
Hi there, I'm applying for LMIA under "FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER PROGRAM" to support my permanent residency. The application form number is EMP5593 which can be found on "http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/fi-if/index.jsp?app=prfl&frm=emp5593&lang=eng". The clarification I need is for the first question they ask which is:

Are you applying for an LMIA to support a foreign national's:

1: - Permanent resident visa application (this means you will hire the foreign national only after their immigration application is processed and the permanent resident visa is issued). This option does not have a processing fee.

2: - Work permit application and permanent resident visa application (this means you will hire the foreign national as a temporary foreign worker before or while their permanent residence application being processed). This option requires paying a processing fee.

There are two choices; I'm confused which one should I choose. I believe the second one applies to me. Please help.

Thanks
You cannot apply for an LMIA to support your own permanent residency application. Typically, your employer would apply on your behalf. You should ask your employer to start the application for you.

g_singh76

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
28-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
LANDED..........
25-05-2017
Thanks for your Comment. I already know that. My employer is doing on my behalf. It's the confusion with those options.

GXSINGH

Jan 22, 2018
did you ever a get an answer to your question? I am in the same boat wondering what option my employer needs to choose since I'm working for him on a post graduate work permit but I need LMIA to get more points for express entry.

vishalbrij

Feb 4, 2020
INDIA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2020
Med's Done....
11-02-2020
How to check LMIA Correct or not? Means fraud or not.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
I’ve just been through this. If you are here, working and you have 6 months (At least) to a year left on your work permit, it’s enough to apply for “sponsor”. This option doesn’t cost your employer anything.

if you have less than 6 months on your work permit go for dual intent. This means that if it is approved you can receive a work permit and have your extra 50 points without having to wait for a year of working for that employer. However, this option, as with any other LMIA for work permit purposes, will cost your employer $1000. Key word is that your employer pays for this. Not you. Never you. It’s the law.

My employer applied twice for sponsorship for me, and both got closed due to missing documents. I was on implied status for a while, then out of status, and that is why I say have at least 6 months left on your current work permit. Luckily I had a job offer from a guy who wouldn’t give up so he put in a third application for dual intent, just before christmas. It sailed through in a month (the holidays got in there) and I flag poled for the work permit. Start working on Monday. My LMIA is in my EE profile points added. Unless CIC computers break down tomorrow, or there is a pnp/fst draw instead of non program specific, I have enough point to get ITA for sure.

Reactions: Pgill2609

GXSINGH

Jan 22, 2018
I’ve just been through this. If you are here, working and you have 6 months (At least) to a year left on your work permit, it’s enough to apply for “sponsor”. This option doesn’t cost your employer anything.

if you have less than 6 months on your work permit go for dual intent. This means that if it is approved you can receive a work permit and have your extra 50 points without having to wait for a year of working for that employer. However, this option, as with any other LMIA for work permit purposes, will cost your employer $1000. Key word is that your employer pays for this. Not you. Never you. It’s the law.

My employer applied twice for sponsorship for me, and both got closed due to missing documents. I was on implied status for a while, then out of status, and that is why I say have at least 6 months left on your current work permit. Luckily I had a job offer from a guy who wouldn’t give up so he put in a third application for dual intent, just before christmas. It sailed through in a month (the holidays got in there) and I flag poled for the work permit. Start working on Monday. My LMIA is in my EE profile points added. Unless CIC computers break down tomorrow, or there is a pnp/fst draw instead of non program specific, I have enough point to get ITA for sure.
Thanks for such detail and good luck for your EE. I have my work permit valid for little over a year still. My only concern was the lmia application. Just to clarify my employer needs to fill out form emp5593 and choose the option to support my PR (first option) if if it says he can't while my PR is being processed. Also where else do they have to post for job other than job bank and for how long?

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Thanks for such detail and good luck for your EE. I have my work permit valid for little over a year still. My only concern was the lmia application. Just to clarify my employer needs to fill out form emp5593 and choose the option to support my PR (first option) if if it says he can't while my PR is being processed. Also where else do they have to post for job other than job bank and for how long?
jobbank
Monster
Indeed
Kijiji (yes. When my employer was asked to call them for interview, he asked me to come in and kijiji was mentioned, and that was a site mentioned by the hrsdc guy)
Internally in the company (difficult to prove that one)
Any regular site used for job postings. Even trade papers.

I’m in bed on my phone so I don’t have the form number in front of me. I can answer better tomorrow.

GXSINGH

Jan 22, 2018
jobbank
Monster
Indeed
Kijiji (yes. When my employer was asked to call them for interview, he asked me to come in and kijiji was mentioned, and that was a site mentioned by the hrsdc guy)

I’m in bed on my phone so I don’t have the form number in front of me. I can answer better tomorrow.

That okay. One more question. Does the employer need to post job for the NOC I am currently working as which is NOC 1215 on my EE profile and BCpnp profile too. Or does it has to be different than my current position since I am already filling that position within the company.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
jobbank
Monster
Indeed

My job is in a different NOC than what my primary experience is for but it is at a service company to the group that my NOC belongs to. Now my job is to recruit and train people to do the job I did. Which is why my experience was of a high value.

He has to advertise for the NOC the job belongs to but if your experience also covers other NOC he can add those in to experiences that he would like the person to have. So whatever the best matching job title the position is, that’s the NOC.

That is how my boss did it.

GXSINGH

Jan 22, 2018
If I am working for the same employer for over a year, can my employer submit LMIA for the job I am currently woking as or he needs to mention another different job when applying for LMIA?

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019

Do you know if the medium wage has to be met even if it Is to support your permanent residency I have worked with mine for 1 year

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please give me work parmit visa canada ALLOWED permission for me Thanks
There are no jobs or employers here. You should remove your personal information from your post to avoid scams.