Jan 25, 2016
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Every one,
My story in detail: (I NEED HELP )
I am an international student came to Canada in the year 2012, i graduated from a community college in Toronto in the year 2013, as i graduated from 2 year diploma program (16 months), i got approved for PG open work permit for 3 years. Since then i was changing jobs and finally settled with one employer and working for them like 1 years 2 months till date and i am still working with the same. My PG open work permit is expiring on June 2016.

As per CIC i worked for 1 year long full time under NOC 3213, I Created a file under Express entry for PR and CRS calculation was 394 based on info i provided. Since then i was waiting for the points to come down, to get ITA (never happened). I approached my employer to file an application for LMIA so that if i get a positive LMIA that will help to get add on of 600 points to my profile making it easier for me to get PR, my employer agreed. We filled the forms and respective documentation is attached.

How long i have to wait for LMIA processing, Since my employer had a big bunch of T2 (tax forms), Lease Agreement papers, Municipality business registrations papers,Licencing bodies paper works, job posting reference codes...etc. We mailed the courier to service Canada on 22 Jan 2016 . Is there any thing else i or my employer need to do after sending documents to service Canada?

I really appreciate my employer in doing this, he paid 1000 CAD by providing his CC details and never asked me for a penny back.

Please reply me to this post. I went to lawyer for consultation and got quoted 6000 CAD for help (of course i paid 100 CAD for consultation with no information)

Regards,
Rakesh

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LMIA processing can take anything up to 5 months. There's no way you can expedite it and if its all submitted there's nothing else you can do but wait.

FYI, he is legally not allowed to ask for that $1000 off you so its not that he's doing you a favour not asking you to pay it.

RAKII

Jan 25, 2016
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, but 5 months is too long, what if my work permit expires by the time i get my LMIA?? what should i do then?

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RAKII said:
Thank you, but 5 months is too long, what if my work permit expires by the time i get my LMIA?? what should i do then?

if you are applying for 600 points/pr support than you are not suppose to pay 1000, you or your employer is only suppose to pay if you are applying lmia for workpermit extention