+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA processig time ONTARIO??

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
I read the other topic about LMIA processing time, but I thought it would be nice to find someone who waiting for LMIA in Ontario.

I don't know exact day but my husband's company applied mid August (I think it was somewhere in 3rd week), additional/resubmit documents requested 3rd or 4th week of September, and since then we haven't hear anything and they haven't even charged the processing fee yet...

If you are in Ontario and waiting or got result for the LMIA recently, please share your timeline or experience!!

Thanks!!

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
I have seen 3-4 people awaiting lmia in Ontario.

To say how big the forums are and how many people post I can honestly say, there's probably 10 active posters that I've seen awaiting a decision.

Ontario and Alberta and a few in Vancouver.

maybe someone will post here eventually

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Hey, i a have applied from Ontario as well. Applied for the 4th time on Oct 5th. The fees has been charged last week

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
@ jaybakerca,

Thank you for your comments Smiley
I've seen some people pending in Ontario in your topic and I hope more people join here.
But I'll keep eye on yours too Smiley

@ prashanthbv,

Thank you for joining here!
And you(r employer) already has been charged?!
Then why not ours!? I need to make sure with my husband's company...
Keep me update with any news/movements please! So I do :)
Thanks!

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Pleasure joining here. If it hasnt been charged yet, It is better to ask the employer to call service canada and find out. Coz the third time i have sent my application, after 4 weeks they replied saying the form is incomplete. So had to refill the whole form and send again. The whole process is really confusing. You never know why they accept and why they dont

Leaf1977

Oct 20, 2014
This is a bit dated, but we applied back in the February timeframe in Ontario (I am an employer that is in the process of hiring a nanny). It was a very quick process with it only taking a week and some time for us to receive the LMO. I have heard from others that it can take 6 weeks or more. I am not sure if the process is slower or faster now that it has changed to an LMIA.

Good luck to you!

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
@ prashanthbv

Actually, SC asked company to send few additional documents about 3 weeks ago.
SC said they couldn't read few pagesof application (send by FAX!!) and also asked more for transition plan.
Since then we hear nothing...
Company called there like every week but they just give us excuse (ex; less people working due to sick or holiday, and too much back log, etc etc..)
Anyway, SC comfirmed they have our application but we don't know why they not charged yet.

We"ll make sure with the employer about this ASAP!

@Leaf1997
Thank you for your comments.
TFW and LMO(which called now LMIA=Labour Market Impact Assessment) rules has been changed a lot in May this year, and got more difficult and complecated...
Yes, our first LMO which processed beginning of last year was very quick, we get approved within 2 month.
It definately slower than LMO process now.
But thanks for wish us luck! :)

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Reason the process is slower because the damn online system doesnt work and everyone is applying via fax..

fax, 2014 hahaha.

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
jaybakerca said:
Reason the process is slower because the damn online system doesnt work and everyone is applying via fax..

fax, 2014 hahaha.
Ya dude. I cant believe the online system is down since 6 months. Seriously? Fax and paper work in 2014 . It would have been so much easier if the forms were like the CIC ones. Fill them and generate bar code. That way we would know if we are doing anything wrong.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
exactly,

When i did my second year IEC forms as apose to the first it was so much easier.

you fill the forms in and it generates a barcode, like you said, once its done.

and you can constantly log into your account also to see if its been updated etc.

Oh if only.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
jaybakerca said:

fax, 2014 hahaha.
LOL, yeah I still don't know whether to laugh or cry with that ;D

BTW sent one via Xpresspost last week and its tracking status is "out for delivery" since Thursday. Nothing works properly :p

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Yeah, I really can't believe they can't fix the online system so long, it's a part of government in developed country in 2014!!! seriously?!?! :eek: LOL

By the way, my husband asked his employer to check their credit card history since they applied LMIA. I don't think they got charged as they didn't get file No. or anything else yet, but I just hope for any news...

Keep update here please! :)

EM-SKY

Aug 5, 2014
minimee said:
Yeah, I really can't believe they can't fix the online system so long, it's a part of government in developed country in 2014!!! seriously?!?! :eek: LOL

By the way, my husband asked his employer to check their credit card history since they applied LMIA. I don't think they got charged as they didn't get file No. or anything else yet, but I just hope for any news...

Keep update here please! :)
LMO applied in Ontario around 1st Sept. 2014
Payment deducted by SC on 25th Sept. 2014.
Still No file number, No Phone Call and No Email from SC.

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
EM-SKY

Thank you for joining here! :)

And....Really?! SC charged yours already??
Why then, ours not charged as company applied like 2 weeks before you!
We really need to find out if the fee deducted or not...
Did you try to ask SC why you(r employer) don't get the file number??