+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA points are big surprise

dimulka

Jul 4, 2014
Hi!
I had to open my express entry again because my police certificate was expired and last PR invitation has been canceled because of 60 days time limit.
I applied for CEC today and was surprised about my scores. It is 302 instead of 850 before. I read these changes today and I see that points for LMIA were changed and period of consideration is 90 days instead of 60. What a shame! I received police certificate on 61th day :-(
If I understand correctly, 302 points means no chances to receive PR invitation again?

P.S. I cannot express what I am filling now :-(

Honey7949

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
AINP: June 25, 2015, CIC: January 27,2017
Doc's Request.
January 05, 2017
Nomination.....
January 05, 2017
AOR Received.
March 15, 2017
You could have sent your application without police clearance certificate by adding a letter of explanation.

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
dimulka said:
Hi!
I had to open my express entry again because my police certificate was expired and last PR invitation has been canceled because of 60 days time limit.
I applied for CEC today and was surprised about my scores. It is 302 instead of 850 before. I read these changes today and I see that points for LMIA were changed and period of consideration is 90 days instead of 60. What a shame! I received police certificate on 61th day :-(
If I understand correctly, 302 points means no chances to receive PR invitation again?

P.S. I cannot express what I am filling now :-(
How is that possible to get 300 points with LMIA 50 points?
What's your profile? No education, no work experience and 45 years old?

Just wondering, as these 50 points is exactly what I need to have enough for ITA.

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
It's only possible with IELTS 5.5 scores?

If you maximize your score, you will have around 470...

dimulka

Jul 4, 2014
jack_is_jack said:
It's only possible with IELTS 5.5 scores?

If you maximize your score, you will have around 470...
I am 39 years old, IELTS: 6.5,6.5,6.0,7.0, work full time, LMIA, one employer, 5 years Canadian experience.
I did not mention education to simplify my application (850 points were enough).
Technically, nothing happened in my life but since last week my "value" for Canadian government became three times less.
I understand changes but not in such radical way.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
dimulka said:
I am 39 years old, IELTS: 6.5,6.5,6.0,7.0, work full time, LMIA, one employer, 5 years Canadian experience.
I did not mention education to simplify my application (850 points were enough).
Technically, nothing happened in my life but since last week my "value" for Canadian government became three times less.
I suspect that this is one of the reasons why they have reduced the LMIA points value. Without it, you only had 250 points. For many with 450-480, it would seem unfair that an LMIA would be such a great advantage. For the same reasons, I don't think many points will be given for siblings or francophones when they next review the points allocations.

dimulka

Jul 4, 2014
zardoz said:
I suspect that this is one of the reasons why they have reduced the LMIA points value. Without it, you only had 250 points. For many with 450-480, it would seem unfair that an LMIA would be such a great advantage. For the same reasons, I don't think many points will be given for siblings or francophones when they next review the points allocations.
I agree. However, this is not a computer game. These rules were declared and people spend years for collecting required points and documents. I did not hack their system, I selected CEC because I saw my residency through that program. Today, they change CEC dramatically. If I knew that I would not spend 4 years for IELTS (for example), I would choose some Quebec program and study French.
I am an experiences application developer, I live and work in Canada for 5 years, I pay taxes, I have a car and I thought to buy some real estate. Alas, currently I am completely devastated.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
dimulka said:
Sorry about the shocking experience. RE waiting for a PCC - I certainly don't mean to rub it in, but as Honey noted, there is a process you can use if you're still waiting for a PCC that allows you to apply anyway. Hopefully, someone else will be able to avoid this mistake. Likely you felt confident about getting another ITA; IRCC can and does change its rules, so another lesson is to keep up-to-date on program requirements and pending changes.

The best thing you can do now is to go through your profile again, answer the new questions and find ways to increase your score (e.g. adding education). With your experience, you should still have a competitive profile.

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
dimulka said:
I agree. However, this is not a computer game. These rules were declared and people spend years for collecting required points and documents. I did not hack their system, I selected CEC because I saw my residency through that program. Today, they change CEC dramatically. If I knew that I would not spend 4 years for IELTS (for example), I would choose some Quebec program and study French.
I am an experiences application developer, I live and work in Canada for 5 years, I pay taxes, I have a car and I thought to buy some real estate. Alas, currently I am completely devastated.
I understand why you feel that way. Try to include your studies, you might gain a few extra points. IF you did not get the max on language scare, see if you can increase your IELTS score?