+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA-exemption code T13 - Employer specific work permit with BCPNP.

repivaabud

Oct 7, 2024
Hi guys.. I am about to apply for my closed work permit (employer specific LMIA exempt T13 with BC nomination) and I wanted to make sure I am not missing any important docs/information.
I have received the BCPNP nomination via Health Authority stream and applied for my PR last week and received the AOR. My PGWP expired in Jan 2025 and since my BCPNP is linked to my employer, I was advised to apply for a closed work permit. I have the application ready and just wanted to double check with you if you think there is anything extremely important that cannot be missing in my application (as I currently have a baby brain and triple checking the docs is not necessary enough anymore).
- My employer has registered my job offer in the Employer Portal and provided me with the A### number as well as the payment receipt and the confirmation email.
- I have the confirmation that i have received the nomination from the province.
- I have the supporting letter from BCPNP.
- Letter from the employer saying i meet the requirements for the job.
- I have the hob offer (its a standard job offer that Vancouver Coastal Health provide so they didn't really change anything to be specific for me).
-Forms (5707, 5710 and 5713)

I am not sure if there is anything specific you would advise me to pay attention to or something that is usually neglected and we don't think is essential but can make a big difference in our process.

Thank you so much in advance,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys.. I am about to apply for my closed work permit (employer specific LMIA exempt T13 with BC nomination) and I wanted to make sure I am not missing any important docs/information.
I have received the BCPNP nomination via Health Authority stream and applied for my PR last week and received the AOR. My PGWP expired in Jan 2025 and since my BCPNP is linked to my employer, I was advised to apply for a closed work permit. I have the application ready and just wanted to double check with you if you think there is anything extremely important that cannot be missing in my application (as I currently have a baby brain and triple checking the docs is not necessary enough anymore).
- My employer has registered my job offer in the Employer Portal and provided me with the A### number as well as the payment receipt and the confirmation email.
- I have the confirmation that i have received the nomination from the province.
- I have the hob offer (its a standard job offer that Vancouver Coastal Health provide so they didn't really change anything to be specific for me).

I am not sure if there is anything specific you would advise me to pay attention to or something that is usually neglected and we don't think is essential but can make a big difference in our process.

What NOC? BCPNP healthcare stream is no longer processing more administrative roles because the health stream was being mainly used by non-healthcare specific workers.

repivaabud

Oct 7, 2024
What NOC? BCPNP healthcare stream is no longer processing more administrative roles because the health stream was being mainly used by non-healthcare specific workers.
Hi Canuck78, it is not the healthcare stream. It is the Heath Authority stream. Different one.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020

Make sure you attach job letter and 3 latest paystubs too . Also I don’t understand if you don’t have employer restrictions on your nomination then why are you applying for Closed work permit.

repivaabud

Oct 7, 2024
Make sure you attach job letter and 3 latest paystubs too . Also I don’t understand if you don’t have employer restrictions on your nomination then why are you applying for Closed work permit.
Hi Mss bee.,.. thank you for your reply.
I was instructed to do so by a consultant and she said that I would only be able to apply for open work permit after passing the completeness check of my PR application. another reason is probably because I will start my mat leave next month too. I applied for my PR based on the BCPNP nomination i received which was given by my employer. Not sure what her line of thought was.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi Mss bee.,.. thank you for your reply.
I was instructed to do so by a consultant and she said that I would only be able to apply for open work permit after passing the completeness check of my PR application. another reason is probably because I will start my mat leave next month too. I applied for my PR based on the BCPNP nomination i received which was given by my employer. Not sure what her line of thought was.
Not true . If you don’t have employer restrictions on your nomination and have got AOR ( Please note AOR is different email and comes after completeness check) , you are eligible for BOWP . If you go on MAT leave and will return back to same employer, there is no issue in your processing of application . BOWP doesn’t have any other requirements only need AOR and valid status.

Reactions: scylla

repivaabud

Oct 7, 2024
Not true . If you don’t have employer restrictions on your nomination and have got AOR ( Please note AOR is different email and comes after completeness check) , you are eligible for BOWP . If you go on MAT leave and will return back to same employer, there is no issue in your processing of application . BOWP doesn’t have any other requirements only need AOR and valid status.
Oh really??? I did receive the Acknowledgement of Receipt on the same day I applied for my PR. That's weird.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Oh really??? I did receive the Acknowledgement of Receipt on the same day I applied for my PR. That's weird.
No if you received that email on same day you submitted application that’s not AOR . That is application submission confirmation email. AOR is different and for Non express entry it’s taking 2-5 months to receive it .

Reactions: scylla

repivaabud

Oct 7, 2024
No if you received that email on same day you submitted application that’s not AOR . That is application submission confirmation email. AOR is different and for Non express entry it’s taking 2-5 months to receive it .
I did apply for Express Entry.
I wish I could post a picture here with the screen shot i took from my messages box in my EE profile or the letter itself. It was only generated in my profile, I did not receive it via email.
This link shows a sample i found online of what my letter looks like. https://nextmigrant.com/pr/aor-to-ppr
The consultant did tell me that I was only going to be able to apply for BOWP after passing the R10 phase of the PR process.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I did apply for Express Entry.
I wish I could post a picture here with the screen shot i took from my messages box in my EE profile or the letter itself. It was only generated in my profile, I did not receive it via email.
This link shows a sample i found online of what my letter looks like. https://nextmigrant.com/pr/aor-to-ppr
The consultant did tell me that I was only going to be able to apply for BOWP after passing the R10 phase of the PR process.
In that case you got AOR right after you submitted your application. You were eligible for BOWP and should have applied for one . That AOR from express entry PR application would be enough for applying BOWP . There is no requirement that you have to wait for R10 completeness check to apply for BOWP .

repivaabud

Oct 7, 2024
In that case you got AOR right after you submitted your application. You were eligible for BOWP and should have applied for one . That AOR from express entry PR application would be enough for applying BOWP . There is no requirement that you have to wait for R10 completeness check to apply for BOWP .
Thank you Miss bee.
I just checked the IRCC website and it says (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html): "Who can apply for a BOWP"
"have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check"

So, apparently I can only apply for BOWP after passing the completeness check.