+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA exempt GSS work permit

Aditya97

Aug 9, 2019
Hi,

Can you please advise what are the processing times for the LMIA exempt GSS work permit currently?

I am based in the Caribbean. As per the current processing times for normal work permits as per below link, for some of the places like St. Lucia (5 weeks), Trinidad (7 weeks) and Jamacia (9 weeks)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Any idea if the processing times vary and for LMIA exempt GSS, they process it faster in like standard 2-3 weeks?

Thanks!
Adi

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Can you please advise what are the processing times for the LMIA exempt GSS work permit currently?

I am based in the Caribbean. As per the current processing times for normal work permits as per below link, for some of the places like St. Lucia (5 weeks), Trinidad (7 weeks) and Jamacia (9 weeks)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Any idea if the processing times vary and for LMIA exempt GSS, they process it faster in like standard 2-3 weeks?

Thanks!
Adi
Read through the posts in the Foreign Workers section of the forum.

GSS applicants are generally waiting several months right now.

Aditya97

Aug 9, 2019
Read through the posts in the Foreign Workers section of the forum.

GSS applicants are generally waiting several months right now.
Please don't comment and misguide people on this forum. Our lawyer has given us a timeline (certain weeks from Caribbean)

The benefit of using this forum is to connect with people who can share similar experience. If you can't help, please don't write vaguely just for the sake of writing a response.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please don't comment and misguide people on this forum. Our lawyer has given us a timeline (certain weeks from Caribbean)

The benefit of using this forum is to connect with people who can share similar experience. If you can't help, please don't write vaguely just for the sake of writing a response.
I'm not writing for the sake of a response. I was trying to help and guide you to where you'll find others who are applying through GSS. You are free to ignore that help.

The section of the forum you are posting in now is generally for discussions on skilled immigration (PR) not work permits. The vast majority of work permit discussions are in the Foreign Workers section of the forum. You'll get the best help there to your question and reading through the posts there will give you an idea of actual processing times.

Lawyer are too often very sadly out of touch with actual processing times. A small number of people are getting through in a matter of weeks. However many / most are waiting months.

If you read through the GSS posts in the Foreign Workers section of the forum, you'll see that those you did biometrics in May are generally being approved now.

You are obviously free to ignore this and not bother posting to the Foreign Workers section or reading through the posts there.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Aditya97

Aug 9, 2019
Kindly note that I have mentioned the request for Caribbean region and processing times vary across the world for even normal work permits processing from 4-5 weeks to 24 months.

Hence, I have to write a post specifically for someone across the Caribbean region with a similar experience. I believe you still want to guide me over the forums and make a point that it takes several months. Thanks but I don't really need your help.

My two friends recently got their permit processed this year in 1 months and 1.5 months respectively. They use thier internal company lawyer's who are well versed with the processes and guide employees correctly.

Hence, I would appreciate someone who has knowledge and recentl experience in this matter to share their views.

RAD0707

Mar 16, 2024
Hi Aditya, how long did it take for your to get the Work Permit approved under GSS. from application to passport stamping?