+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basstuk said:
My first work permit was IEC, we had LMIA positive and we sent extension work permit (IMM5710, work permit with the same employer) via online to CIC. They received my application on May 14 2015. I have MyCIC account but I dont have any answer.

My lawyer told me, we will received it via mail. I wont go to the border to activate it, but still waiting after two months....
CIC are currently quoting 99 days for WP extension applications received online from within Canada:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

basstuk

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Lammawitch said:
CIC are currently quoting 99 days for WP extension applications received online from within Canada:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
Thank you.

My processing centre is Edmonton. How long time I can be as a Implied Status?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basstuk said:
Thank you.

My processing centre is Edmonton. How long time I can be as a Implied Status?
Until CIC gives you an answer.

BUT: on what status are you "implied" at the moment? (As IEC can't be extended, I assume you changed to visitor status & stopped working when your IEC expired?)

basstuk

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Lammawitch said:
Until CIC gives you an answer.

BUT: on what status are you "implied" at the moment? (As IEC can't be extended, I assume you changed to visitor status & stopped working when your IEC expired?)
I never stopped working. LMIA was granted two months before my IEC expire. Instead we go to the border to active my new permit with LMIA, last week of my IEC we sent it via online to continuous working

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basstuk said:
I never stopped working. LMIA was granted two months before my IEC expire. Instead we go to the border to active my new permit with LMIA, last week of my IEC we sent it via online to continuous working
??? I'm sorry, I don't understand :(. If you went to the border (flagpoled?) to activate your new work permit with LMIA, what exactly did you send online, & what exactly are you waiting for?

basstuk

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Lammawitch said:
??? I'm sorry, I don't understand :(. If you went to the border (flagpoled?) to activate your new work permit with LMIA, what exactly did you send online, & what exactly are you waiting for?
I sent IMM5710 Extend my stay in Canada as a worker with LMIA. Because I was working with my IEC and we had LMIA positive two months before expire my IEC. My lawyer told me, I can continuous working and I will received my new work permit via mail.

noelvsleon

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 -06-2015
AOR Received.
6-07-2015
Hey Guys ! I need your guidance. I have received Lmia and have got ITA and have received AOR . I'm working in a gas station and a new employer is gonna take over store. I have had a chat with them and they are willing to sign any papers to hire me. Will it affect my EE file.
Your help and guidance is very much appreciated.
Thank you

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basstuk said:
I sent IMM5710 Extend my stay in Canada as a worker with LMIA. Because I was working with my IEC and we had LMIA positive two months before expire my IEC. My lawyer told me, I can continuous working and I will received my new work permit via mail.
Read these links concerning implied status and IEC:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/international-experience-canada-implied-status-lmo-t184570.0.html

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/implied-status-iec-815262/

(I still don't understand about you going to the border with your LMIA).

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basstuk said:
Re-read this:

If you activated your new TWP at the border, there shouldn't have been any need to apply on line?

HMJ

Jul 21, 2015
LMIA application - ON

Here's my timeline

Toronto, Ontario
NOC - 2174
Applied - Jan 30th, 2015
Waiting.....

Please share yours

ankanafanka

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Med's Done....
yes
Passport Req..
awaiting
My timeline...

High wage - NOC 1122
Eligible for priority processing (10 business days)

Application sent: June 9th

It's been already 43 days and counting...

Matx

Mar 23, 2015
Hello
On last Friday SC called my old employer for an interview.
Interview took 30min. Im not sure what did ask about.
SC told that will come back this week with the answer....

mims2000

Sep 6, 2012
Hi guys.

If esdc asked for additional docs like the signed contract between the employer and employee, does it mean it's on process already?

thanks

Canook

Jul 22, 2015
Hello,

I have been a bit of a silent stalker on this forum, but I thought I would share my experiences, as I recently received a positive LMIA.

12th June – LMIA Submitted
16th June – Additional document requested, sent same day.
6th July – Employer call
16th July – Positive LMIA received
18th July – Flagpoled – Successfully obtained work permit, and spousal open work permit.

NOC 1222 ( Executive Assistant)
Duel intent LMIA – Applied to St Johns
Just under 5 weeks from initial submission to approval.
Applied from within Canada

I hope this gives hope to those out there waiting! 

quentmus

Jul 12, 2015
mine is also on the wait and I don't have hope anymore. I have been waiting since January and nothing is happening and my job is in the engineering field with a salary of 50 dol an hour. I am not sure why we have not received anything from SC. Hopeless story