+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
charp said:
my employer is willing to apply for an lmia but his low wage cap is already more than 60 percent cl...does anyone knows if he still can apply although present cap is 30 percent ? can anyone please answer this ? is there any use of still applying ?
No, he can't. Only way would be to apply under the high wage category

BadshahIqbal

Nov 2, 2012
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 01 2015 / Received on Feb 05 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 08 2015
Nomination.....
Jan 02 2015
AOR Received.
Apr 24 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Jun 03 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 23 2015
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 20 2012
Hi guys...new to this thread...could somebody tell me how long its gonna take to process LMIA for NOC 0711...Salary in Edmonton is 27 dollars/hr roughly...(55K per year).

Thanks a lot in advance for helping me out

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
britinvancouver said:
Question today asking about average wage range of employee in my position - which I believe was the additional question on the new form created on September 18th. They haven't asked for a new form to be completed just the answer to the question at least.

Lets just be happy that atleast they have cared to ask to fill the question and send it rather than saying "old form" or "incomplete forms".

I have sent my application 4th time on Oct 5th, with the new forms. Yea i do remember seeing this question in the form

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
prashanthbv said:
Lets just be happy that atleast they have cared to ask to fill the question and send it rather than saying "old form" or "incomplete forms".

I have sent my application 4th time on Oct 5th, with the new forms. Yea i do remember seeing this question in the form
That's what I thought actually, I've heard they have asked people to complete the new form which would take me back to the beginning again - so fingers crossed that should be the only thing then wait for a response for me.

4 times - wow you must be a little fed up of the process by now!

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
britinvancouver said:
That's what I thought actually, I've heard they have asked people to complete the new form which would take me back to the beginning again - so fingers crossed that should be the only thing then wait for a response for me.

4 times - wow you must be a little fed up of the process by now!
Oh totally man. Its super frustrating. But have just no option than re doing it. I hope they dont come up with something else now.

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
hello,

How long will it take to process the Live-in Caregiver LMIA?. has anyone applied for LIC LMIA?.
Thanks

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Called today, still pending. Lame.

The advert on jobbank expires on 26th of october, it was put up for the maximum time.

Hoping that when it comes down and my mployer re-lists it, it wont cause any problems, im sure they will find anything to deny an LMIA right now.

bravia

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2013
AOR Received.
?
Med's Request
August 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
johnny123 said:
Thats pretty much weird. I can tell you from the first hand that I had implied status while working on IEC. Since my LMO got rejected, after a month I received a letter from Service Canada which stated the exact date when my status stopped to be valid. That date was approx 2 months after expiry date of my WP. I also have many friends who were under implied status after IEC.

I can't find the link now, but I've read the definition of implied status in some Operational Bulletin, which officers use when they assess applications. But here you can find more about it: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

It is clearly written: "If a temporary resident applies for renewal of their work or study permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, R186(u) and R189 (the right to continue working or studying under the same conditions pending a determination of their application for renewal) apply only as long as the person remains in Canada."

Glossary http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#i says "If a visitor, student or foreign worker applies to extend their status, before that status expires, they can legally remain in Canada until a decision is made on the application. In this situation, the person has implied status."

Now, some people are confused with how to get this status, and they think if they only applied for LMO/LMIA, that's sufficient. Well, that's incorrect. You can benefit from implied status ONLY if you asked for extension/renewal of work permit. With that application you are asking to extend your status, what means you are asking to extend a status of a temporary resident, because that's what visitors, students and TFWs are. Also, with concurrent processing you are not asking (and please distinct this) to extend your work permit. Extending work permit is something else. In case of concurrent processing (which means getting applied for LMO/LMIA and work permit in the same time) the applicant fills the form which is called "Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker", what means that the applicant is asking to change the conditions. You are not actually extending your current IEC WP.

It is also questionable how long your friends worked under "implied status" and if they really had it or not.

I just know that it IS possible to have implied status if you are working under IEC, because I personally had it.
Hello.

Can you help me with my case?

My work permit will be expiring on December 2014. But I was advise by the immigration at the border (Vancouver) that although my job offer is 2years they will give my until December since my passport is expiring on January 1, 2015. My Work visa validity is the same date as to my work permit. And the immigration just put a note on the bottom that I have 2 years job offer. Passport expiring on Jan 2015. And I was advise to remew my passport and apply for extension.

Please can you tell me what to do? Can I do it online? Or do I need to go to nearest border again? And will I be needing LMEA

Thanks a lot.

Thanks

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
EM-SKY said:
SC takes (antario recently) 15 to 18 Working days to process payment.

If 18 days to take the payment, how many days for the whole process? Any idea?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
We applied for a LMIA application on September 24 after our first application for LMO was denied for not meeting the advertising requirements. Today we were told by Service Canada that our application is already in the system and has been assigned to an agent. We will see how it goes from here on in. Any updates from the rest of you guys who are waiting?

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
ButterflyChemist said:
We applied for a LMIA application on September 24 after our first application for LMO was denied for not meeting the advertising requirements. Today we were told by Service Canada that our application is already in the system and has been assigned to an agent. We will see how it goes from here on in. Any updates from the rest of you guys who are waiting?

Thats good to know that it is progressing atleast bro. We applied on Oct 5 and no update yet.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
Payment taken and have a file number.

Application still pending.

sheykivanuel

Jun 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia CIO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 Schedule A
Nomination.....
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-08-2015 To Ottawa
Med's Request
April 17, 2015
Med's Done....
upfront medical 17-04-2015, Received May 5
Passport Req..
October 8, 2015
Payment taken
File number too
Applied on August 27

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Don't want to make a new topic so I'll ask here.

Am I right in thinking that once my lmia is approved which is for a year... Within 2 weeks of my lmia I can apply for pr through cec as I will have a years worth of experience.If the pr doesn't come through before my lmia expires, am I then on implied status?

I'm
Thinking of playing the system in a sense that I will apply for PR within the last month of my lmia. That way I can extend my stay regardless.

Thoughts?

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
jaybakerca said:
Don't want to make a new topic so I'll ask here.

Am I right in thinking that once my lmia is approved which is for a year... Within 2 weeks of my lmia I can apply for pr through cec as I will have a years worth of experience.If the pr doesn't come through before my lmia expires, am I then on implied status?

I'm
Thinking of playing the system in a sense that I will apply for PR within the last month of my lmia. That way I can extend my stay regardless.

Thoughts?

Yes you can apply for your PR as soon as you get your work permit not after lmia . Dont risk till the last minute dude, you wouldnt wanna be in this situation again right?