+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA APPLICATION DECLINED .. NEED HELP !!

helpless_guy

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd September
VISA ISSUED...
DENIED
Hi,

I got response from Service Canada after 10 weeks of wait that the LMIA is refused. The reason they gave is the salary offered (60k) to be less than what is paid to Canadians. The median wage is 63k but the employer only offered me 60k for this position. The employer said they would appeal for revision of judgement but might not hike the salary.

I would like to know if there are any chances of the decision to be reverted if an appeal is made against and what are the points to be made. They have not given a bracket of how much should be minimal salary and just passed on the judgement. I don't know if it would be possible for me to go through this process once again to find an employer and wait for 3 more months. My friend had asked me to file for immigration but i am not sure about the alternatives.

Could you guys help me understand what are the ways possible for me now?

NOC code: 2171 (Quebec Province)
wage: 33$/hour
23rd September: LMIA application filed
28th September: Amount Charged and file number received

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
helpless_guy said:
Hi,

I got response from Service Canada after 10 weeks of wait that the LMIA is refused. The reason they gave is the salary offered (60k) to be less than what is paid to Canadians. The median wage is 63k but the employer only offered me 60k for this position. The employer said they would appeal for revision of judgement but might not hike the salary.

I would like to know if there are any chances of the decision to be reverted if an appeal is made against and what are the points to be made. They have not given a bracket of how much should be minimal salary and just passed on the judgement. I don't know if it would be possible for me to go through this process once again to find an employer and wait for 3 more months. My friend had asked me to file for immigration but i am not sure about the alternatives.l

I was unaware there was an appeal process

Could you guys help me understand what are the ways possible for me now?

NOC code: 2171 (Quebec Province)
wage: 33$/hour
23rd September: LMIA application filed
28th September: Amount Charged and file number received