+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live in Ontario, work in Quebec.

schi0301

Jul 23, 2019
HI All

I've received the ee ITA (CEC), I am living, working in QC right now.
I saw this on official website:
"Skilled workers apply under this category if they want to live in any Canadian province or territory except Quebec."

Could I live on the Ontario, and travel to work or remote the job which is in Montreal?
And provide the Ontario rental lease, Toronto job search emails, all the expenses transaction proof.

And do I need to do upfront medical exam in this stage (ITA, haven't fill out all the form)?

Thank you!

biquanbi96

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
If you do work remotely most of time. I would say you'll be fine. I live in Ottawa, have some friends work in Gatineau , Quebec while living in Ottawa, ON. They only needed to prove ties with Ontario, no issues.

Yes, do upfront medicals, I did mine even before receiving an ITA. It will help speed up the process.

schi0301

Jul 23, 2019
Thank you for replying
now I am working in Montreal in the office but because of the immigration process I have to leave in Ontario so I’m wondering if I should ask my manager to do the remotely work

biquanbi96

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Thank you for replying
now I am working in Montreal in the office but because of the immigration process I have to leave in Ontario so I’m wondering if I should ask my manager to do the remotely work
Take my advice with a grain of salt, but I think you need to prove that you have strong ties with Ontario , in other words physical presence.

In my friends cases, they live in ottawa, went to school in Ottawa and only spoke English. They only drove a cross the river to work.

I would talk to an immigration lawyer, as your case is kinda borderline.

schi0301

Jul 23, 2019
Yes. I’ll move to Ontario in my ITA stage. It’s just should I keep this Quebec job or not... so difficult

Dec 27, 2020
Hi Please let me know how you tackled it.
I am in the same situation. I will be moving to Ottawa but remotely work for a company in Montreal.
Hi Varshu,

I too am in the exactly similar situation.
Looking forward to get some insight.
Did you start your process?

Thanks