+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live in caregiver

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
Hi

I would like to know the steps for Live in caregiver in Canada. How do I obtain a work permit or how to do about for a foreigner to be a live in caregiver? Currently, I am in British Columbia on a visitor visa for 6 months. I am from Singapore. My employer is hiring me and she has to do the paper work. But my question is, how do I obtain a work permit while I am in Canada?

Elfie

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

elfut said:
Hi

I would like to know the steps for Live in caregiver in Canada. How do I obtain a work permit or how to do about for a foreigner to be a live in caregiver? Currently, I am in British Columbia on a visitor visa for 6 months. I am from Singapore. My employer is hiring me and she has to do the paper work. But my question is, how do I obtain a work permit while I am in Canada?

Elfie
1. You can't obtain a work permit in Canada as a visitor, it has to be obtained at an outside office.
2. Start your reading here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pub/caregiver/index.html

PMM

Ananda

Jun 6, 2007
Elfut, if this is you first job as a live-in caregiver, you must apply from outside Canada. For you, in British Columbia, you can take a trip over the border to the Canadian embassy in Seattle.

However, it is challenging to get the first work permit due to the conditions of the live-in caregiver program and the documents required. It will also take time because you will first need a medical check, police clearances, translations etc.

Can I recommend that you take a look at the following web page which is specifically about obtaining your first work permit via the Seattle visa office at http://www.tlc-edmonton.com/workPermit.html. It provides some useful information that I couldn't find anywhere else.

You can also find answers to your other questions about immigrating via the live in caregiver program at the above site.

tantoy336

Aug 17, 2012
hi, im a live-in-caregiver here in BC, just wondering if you could help me on my application for permanent residency here in canada.. regarding in filling up the forms, do i have to fill up two forms for my wife and I? do i need to submit a original copy of my wife police certificate even if she's in the philippines? do i have to pay immediately the permanent residence rights?

HONEYGIRL

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 27 2015
Doc's Request.
Aug.4 2015
AOR Received.
July 3 2015
File Transfer...
Aug.12 2015 plus SA ...in process Aug.15. 2015
Med's Done....
May 8 2015
Passport Req..
Sept.1 2015 sent Sept 2 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
tantoy336 said:
hi, im a live-in-caregiver here in BC, just wondering if you could help me on my application for permanent residency here in canada.. regarding in filling up the forms, do i have to fill up two forms for my wife and I? do i need to submit a original copy of my wife police certificate even if she's in the philippines? do i have to pay immediately the permanent residence rights?

here is the application how to apply permanent resident http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/live-in.asp just put ur name of ur wife no need to pay yet when u got ur PR then pay!!!!!!!