+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live-in caregiver

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
starzibal said:
You can just pay them and once you get a job here you can report to Ministry that they charge you fee for it. : )
It was big news in 2009 about a Vancouver nanny agency, but they can always say the money they charged is for processing whatever... anyway once in Canada, caregivers are not charged anymore if they changed employers. Employers pay the agencies.

Carmenutsa

Sep 25, 2009
Totallymomy,

Don't give up just yet. There IS an agency in BC, near Vancouver, that will put you in their database, after you fill in different forms and such and then they'll contact you when they have someone interested in you. They don't charge any money from you. They only charge the families and that when it works out.

That's how I made it here, and they're awesome!

Try it!

CArmen

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Carmenutsa said:
Totallymomy,

Don't give up just yet. There IS an agency in BC, near Vancouver, that will put you in their database, after you fill in different forms and such and then they'll contact you when they have someone interested in you. They don't charge any money from you. They only charge the families and that when it works out.

That's how I made it here, and they're awesome!

Try it!

CArmen
Hi Carmen,

That is good news! Because agencies actually charge exorbitant fees. Great help for people who want to come to Canada under the live in caregiver program. Is it okay to post the name of the agency? Thanks much.

J

totallymomy

Dec 1, 2009
Hello Carmen,

Thank you so much for your post, it gave me hope :)

Yes, I am not giving up for I know there will be ways.. I keep the faith coupled with hard work I know
I will reach my goals.

Same question with job_seeker, what's the name of the Agency? it would be very helpful and good to know that at least there is still
one that follows the rules.

Hoping to hear from you again.

A

anushauc

bestjsg said:
this info really helps..I am an employer just have my live in nanny arrived a month ago, she heard some friends who have been working full time 30 hours a week for 2 years got rejected for PR application because of lack of full time hours worked. I called CIC, Ministry of Labour they both said they don't know about the definition of 'full time' work while Service Canada who gave the +ve LMO at the first place said 30 hours is the min. for Ontario and hence the LMO from 6 mths ago was based on 30 hrs a week. ..do you see this being a problem 2 yrs later when she applies for LMO ?

moreover , with what you just mentioned regarding they should have came in as LCP instead of TFW , how can I tell if my nanny came in with the 'correct' application ? I see on the LMO under ' service canada centre : 3166- Foreign worker program ( ontario region ) ' but then down in the page under job info and NOC code and title shows 6474 - live-in caregiver ..

Thank you very much in advance.
Hi,

Diff Q ... was it very difficult to hire a live in caregiver and how expensive are they ?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
anushauc said:
Hi,

Diff Q ... was it very difficult to hire a live in caregiver and how expensive are they ?
Hi,

You might find the answer the you question here:

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/lcpdir/lcpone.shtml

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can see at http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/advertReq/wageadreq.shtml what is the minimum wage you have to offer and what you can charge the person for room and board. You would also have to act as an employer, withholding taxes, CPP and EI from their wages, giving them pay slips every pay check and a T4 at the end of the year.

Carmenutsa

Sep 25, 2009
totallymomy said:
Hello Carmen,

Thank you so much for your post, it gave me hope :)

Yes, I am not giving up for I know there will be ways.. I keep the faith coupled with hard work I know
I will reach my goals.

Same question with job_seeker, what's the name of the Agency? it would be very helpful and good to know that at least there is still
one that follows the rules.

Hoping to hear from you again.
Hi, totallymommy... I'm so sorry i haven't responded sooner. I hardly read this forum. The name of the nanny agency is abcnannies.com (their website). I hope this isn't too late!

celo

Jan 24, 2008
Hi..my daughter received letter from Canadian embassy Manila, dated Jan 25,2010 advising her to complete a medical examination and in No 3. Additional Information: Please also provide the following:
with check mark :/ Your original passport with minimum two years validity;
/ Your valid NBI clearance, issued within the last six months, with your thumbprint and dryseal affixed,
please send us the original copy..do not fax your NBI clearance.
Querry: Does my daughter can NOW send her original passport and valid NBI clearance to Canadian Embassy-Manila, immediately or after completing her medical examination? How can she send the passport and NBI? thru courier or trhu drop box at embassy..Thank you for any prompt reply

celo

Jan 24, 2008
Tanong ko lang kung kailangan na" ISSUED FOR TRAVEL TO CANADA "ang nakalagay sa valid NBI Clearance na i re-submit ulit or pwede rin kung "ISSUED FOR TRAVEL ABROAD".. yung kasing unang na submit na NBI clearance sa Embassy kasama sa application nuong Dec.2008 ay nakalagay na for travel to canada..please reply..Thank you

janro1026

Feb 1, 2010
hello...

i just want to know how to apply as a caregiver in canada. i am a BSN graduate here in the Philippines, am i qualified to work in canada? and is there nursing homes that sponsors/petitions international workers like me?

thanks!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
janro1026 said:
hello...

i just want to know how to apply as a caregiver in canada. i am a BSN graduate here in the Philippines, am i qualified to work in canada? and is there nursing homes that sponsors/petitions international workers like me?

thanks!
Another member posted this agency's name: abcnannies.ca Try applying through them. I was informed they don't charge any fees from a caregiver.

Note though that as a nurse you can only apply for elderly care. But once you are in Canada, you can change employers and work with kids if that is your preference. You may have a less chances at landing work with nursing homes since there is no "lack" of carers in Canada.

This might help you for starters: http://www.liveincaregiverprogram.com/