+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live-in caregiver went for vacation in philippines recently...

tintin0823

Jul 17, 2011
hi. is there any live-in caregiver who just passed the application for owp/pr and went for a vacation recently?can you please share your experience when you return to canada. i'm worried because i just passed my application last october and i'm planning to go on vacation in december. thank you...

ar-ar

Nov 26, 2012
Hi,. Im a nanny too but with sme friends having the same case as ur worries. As far as I heard from them, u will still need to have a letter from ur current s=employer or work stating ur up to date work with them till u get back here, ur passport must still valid for atlis a year, ur work or open permit must be valid, still need ur OEC too which u can get it here o ur in pinas, and if any of ur passport, visa, work permit is nearing to expire, make sure to get ur re-entry visa too..
:)

tintin0823

Jul 17, 2011
thank you ar-ar. i have everything you said and everything is valid. i haven't heard anyone who has the documents that failed to re-enter, right? thank you...

ar-ar

Nov 26, 2012
yes.. me too i havnt hear any issues or traps if all the said docs is on hand when coming back. Good luck on ur vacation and enjoy the most of it back home. u are very welcome kabayan:)

Chullips

Nov 23, 2012
Pertinent Papers needed in leaving HK for Canada (Immigration Papers)

Hi there,
I would like to assume that most of the caregivers here came from HK. Soon I will be joining you guys in Canada. I have some few questions in my mind that hopefully anyone can shed some light on it.
Do I need a release letter (from my employer in HK) to show to the Immigration officer in HK and in Canada?
What else do I need to bring aside from my passport(with the visa)?
Hopefully, you can get back to me as soon as possible as I will be leaving HK soon.
Thank you very much in advance and God bless us always.