+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver supporting documents and application??

malgorzata82

Jun 28, 2009
Hello,
I have signed contract with a Canadian family and we applied for LMO two weeks ago. I have few questions about the process and I hoped that I will find my answers here. So if you know the answer to any please let me know :)

1. how long does it take to recieve the approved LMO?
2. Do the medical test really slow the whole process by up to 3 months?
3. How do I prove my work experience? Will a reference letter from my employer do?
4. Will my diplomas be a sofficient proof of my education or do I have to get full course transcripts?

I think thats all that I really want to find out. Thanks in advance for all your help
Margo

jade

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
I hope this will help;

1. It takes at least 6 weeks for an LMO to be approved.
2. I don't think so because it only takes them at least a week to pass your medical result to the embassy wherever you're processing. But they told me before that I should get my medical done right away so that I could start counting the processing days for my visa.
3. You can prove your work experience through your contracts and reference letters from past employers.
4. Your diploma, transcript of record, yearbook if you're a college graduate, old IDs when you were in college will help too, graduation picture etc. If you already have original copies of these documents, you don't need to get it authenticated. The original copy and a xerox copy will sufice.

I hope this will help...........

malgorzata82

Jun 28, 2009
Thanks for your answers. I am processing in Warsaw - Poland.
So as for the supporting doc. the more I have the better right?!
Margo